10901 W. 120th Ave, Suite 450
The Charter School Growth Fund (CSGF) is a leading nonprofit venture philanthropy fund dedicated to identifying the nation’s best public charter schools, funding their expansion, and helping to increase their impact. Our “portfolio” includes 60+ charter school networks that operate 850+ schools and serve more than 370,000 students. We operate with the same strategies, discipline, and focus as a venture capital firm by awarding multi-year grants and loans to talented education entrepreneurs who are building networks of high-quality charter schools that enroll significant numbers of low-income and minority students. Ultimately, we think our portfolio can grow to serve ~1,000,000 students.
The Role: In close collaboration with and support of the Finance and Operations Practice Lead, the Director will build deep relationships with the schools we support to 1) understand the very best practices in finance and operations; and 2) spread these practices to other schools. This is a new role.
S/he will nurture a community of education leaders through in-person convenings and webinars, produce high-quality content such as blog posts and podcasts, and help portfolio members access the tools, expertise, and resources they need to solve critical challenges.
CSGF is an entrepreneurial workplace, meaning that our team members need to combine deep functional expertise, the ability to manage complex projects, creativity in solving problems for portfolio members, and strong relationship management across a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The Team: The Impact Team is a dedicated team inside CSGF that directly supports portfolio members by providing solutions, insights, and connections to help them grow with quality. The Impact Team also manages a $15M fund to help our schools build capacity and innovate new systems, models, and strategies that will inspire the K-12 sector as a whole. CSGF is committed to expanding the Impact Team’s supports significantly based on positive feedback from portfolio members. In order to power this next phase, we are adding new capacity to our three practice verticals: Academics, Finance/Operations, and Talent.
- Develop strong relationships with finance and operations leaders in the CSGF portfolio in order to identify and highlight best practices
- Run convenings, site visits, and other community-building events to connect leaders in the portfolio
- Analyze portfolio-wide data and manage benchmarking projects to understand important sector trends
- Create and codify best-in-class tools and resources that other school districts can leverage to improve their finance and operations systems (see Stories and Lessons from Our Schools)
- Manage Impact Team investments that help portfolio members build capacity or innovate in the area of finance and operations
- Identify new opportunities that make the Finance and Operations practice more useful to portfolio members
- Deep commitment to CSGF’s mission and passion for K-12 education
- Our ideal candidate has 3-7 years experience in a high-performing charter school/network or district, with expertise across finance, operations and/or enrollment
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly the ability to build strong relationships with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated project management experience that drives efficiency and excellence
- Ability to work seamlessly between high-level strategy and detail-oriented work
- Bachelor’s degree required
WORKING AT CSGF
We are focused on hiring and developing great people and believe that building diverse perspectives across our team make us more effective in expanding our impact. (This is reflected in Our Commitment to Diversity Statement.) Our core values are:
- Results. We work relentlessly to create efficient, measurable, and sustainable results. We strive for excellence and pursue our mission tenaciously. Ideally, you thrive working in a self-directed manner in a fluid environment where flexibility and tenacity are required.
- Entrepreneurship. We embrace calculated risks and new approaches. We have an entrepreneurial spirit that welcomes innovation, diversity of ideas, and risk. We rely on you to question conventional wisdom and think independently.
- Integrity. We are truthful, fair, and trustworthy in all aspects of our work. We hold ourselves and our partners to the highest ethical standards. We trust you will too.
- Respect. We appreciate the challenges faced by education entrepreneurs and recognize the limits of our own knowledge. We understand that our ultimate success depends on that of our partners. Your humility will be key to building trusted and authentic relationships.
- Teamwork. We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together. We willingly sacrifice individual interests and recognition for greater collective impact. We hope having fun at work is important to you and that you are a team player.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. CSGF offers a very competitive compensation package and this position is eligible for a performance bonus. Work authorization required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the US).
Flexible with preference for Denver/Boulder, CO or Chicago, IL
Level of Language Proficiency
Written and oral proficiency in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply through link provided above.