MISSION: Connecting young readers and youth leaders to
inspire a love of literacy and learning.
VISION: A Society in which all children master the foundational
skills necessary to become independent learners.
Be Excellent Be Kind
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Reports To: Program Director
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with occasional evenings and weekends
Pay: $36,400 – $42,778
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises a team of Program Coaches
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring Read Better Be Better (RBBB) programs are implemented in accordance with established standards with school partners. The Program Coordinator will be expected to effectively liaison between the Program Director, Program Coaches, and school partners.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overseeing and enforcing RBBB policies and procedures to ensure effective implementation of the Read Better Be Better Program.
- Supervise a team of Program Coaches and follows and enforces policies to keep students safe.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communications and relationships with school partners and Program Coaches with appropriate follow-up.
- Effectively communicate with school partners and Program Coaches with in-person visits, newsletters, attendance reports, and email communications.
- Assist with staff recruitment, training, supervision and motivation of Program Coaches.
- Travel throughout Maricopa County to conduct ongoing observations and coaching of Program Coaches.
- Execute a plan for providing Program Coaches with program materials.
- Attend weekly Program Coordinator meetings and 1:1 meetings with Program Director.
- Lead weekly Program Coach team meetings to ensure program fidelity.
- Assist with execution of student administration and evaluation process.
- Support the efforts of other Program Coordinators and all RBBB departments strategic priorities.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Read Better Be Better daily.
- Perform all other duties as assigned that are required of the employee in this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to conduct yourself in accordance with the Read Better Be Better vision, mission and values
- Demonstrate leadership skills in a previous role
- Ability to consistently enforce policies and procedures
- Self-motivated and organized
- Plan and meet deadlines
- Highly skilled in problem solving, professionalism, effective communication, relationship building and writing skills
- Proficiency in various software including but not limited to Office 365 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with community-based organization(s) and/or schools
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license
- Must have or obtain a valid IVP fingerprint clearance card
- COVID-19 Vaccination (must be fully vaccinated and provide card)
- This position will require travel to designated school partners as needed.
- Program Coordinators work in-person at the RBBB office.
- This position operates in a professional and entrepreneurial office environment.
- The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance covered at approximately 75% for employees.
- HSA plans available with company contribution
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid-Time Off
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to lift/push material carts up to 50 lbs
- The health and safety of our colleagues and their families, as well as our clients, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance; therefore, RBBB has implemented safety measures following CDC and local guidelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Read Better Be Better is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact us at email@example.com.