200 East Yavapai Road
The Reading Seed program of Literacy Connects recruits and trains volunteer reading coaches to assist children reading below grade level in kindergarten through fifth grade. The Reading Seed Coach Education & Training Coordinator will work closely with the Reading Seed team to develop and oversee a high-quality training and continuing education program for our volunteer reading coaches, and to assist in the overall coordination of Reading Seed programming and evaluation. Primary responsibilities of this position are to train, support and retain volunteers, while working to ensure program fidelity.
· Develop and deliver research-based foundational training for volunteer reading coaches grounded in balanced literacy methods and theory.
· Develop and implement ongoing education opportunities, including workshops, mini-conferences, study groups, peer mentoring, and other professional development opportunities for volunteers.
· Design and implement online/computer-based options for volunteer training and ongoing learning, which may include creating videos, vetting online resources to share, developing text message Help Line, etc.
· Develop and maintain high-quality coaching resources via the Literacy Connects lending library, the website, and access to other online resources.
· Provide volunteers with observations and one-to-one coaching to improve program fidelity and volunteer effectiveness.
· Develop and maintain annual calendar of events and reminders for volunteers.
· Monitor and respond to volunteer issues and concerns from coaching logs. Offer strategies, resources and support.
· Develop and administer evaluation methods to ensure training quality and effectiveness.
· Lead the design, scheduling, and implementation of annual orientation events for returning volunteers.
· Produce monthly e-communications (Constant Contact) to support learning.
· Maintain and update website information including, but not limited to, program resources, registrations, upcoming events, and coaching strategies.
· Monitor application and onboarding process for new volunteers; collect, track and input all necessary documentation.
· Assist team in designing, planning and implementing interview process for new volunteers.
· Maintain accurate documentation and record keeping. Compile training and continuing education data quarterly for upload to Donor Perfect database.
· Collaborate with Reading Seed team in recruitment, placement, retention and recognition of volunteers.
· Maintain excellent working relationships with volunteers and community partners.
· Track participation and evaluate effectiveness of training and volunteer ongoing education.
· Track volunteer retention, review exit survey results, and analyze data for program improvement. Reach out to volunteers for re-engagement as needed.
· Stay current on research, information, and developments in children’s literacy and reading research.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in education, reading, literacy development, or related field.
· Experience working with elementary schools and/or community-based literacy programs for children or youth.
· Prior experience in non-profit management, volunteer management, teacher training and development, or education considered.
· Passion for working in community literacy or children’s literacy programs.
· Understanding of adult learning theory and designing professional development for adults.
· Affirm a student-centered, strengths-based, constructivist approach to instruction and facilitation.
· High level of initiative; ability to work independently to lead and oversee implementation of new programming.
· Exceptional people skills; ability to support the development and growth of people from diverse backgrounds and beliefs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to handle multiple deadlines and projects.
· Highly skilled in a wide range of computer technologies and programs (MS Office, Google applications and forms, website maintenance, database, Constant Contact, etc.)
· Positive, flexible team member.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
· Reliable transportation.
Literacy Connects offers a salary range of $35,000 - $45,000 annually based on education, experience, and ASU Lodestar Non-Profit Salary Guidelines, and a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
See full job description at http://literacyconnects.org/about-us/job-opportunities/. Send cover letter and resume to Edie Lantz Leppert (email@example.com).