250 10th Street
PKS is seeking an exceptional Director of Auxiliary Programs for an immediate start.
About Presidio Knolls School
PKS was founded on the idea that a progressive educational model can be combined with rigorous Mandarin immersion to create a vibrant, innovative school where children will thrive in a joyful environment. Founded in 2008, we have grown rapidly and established a unique position in the Bay Area’s independent school community. As of fall 2018 the school will enroll 350 students in preschool through sixth grade, and we will continue to add one grade per year until 2020 when there will be a full preschool through eighth grade.
The Director of Auxiliary Programs is a key role for an individual with a passion to join a team-building leader in Mandarin immersion education. The auxiliary program is robust at PKS and encompasses extended care, enrichment classes, tutoring program, summer camp, mid-winter and spring break camps, and the athletics program. This position is full-time, exempt and reports directly to the Head of School.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct, manage, build and coordinate the auxiliary programs for PKS, which is a key part of the educational and community experience at PKS.
- Recruit teachers, third party enrichment and camp providers, ensure they all meet and exceed PKS expectations.
- Supervise all auxiliary staff, including an auxiliary assistant, teachers, external camp and enrichment providers, and parent volunteers, provide feedback, guidance and training as needed.
- Plan and coordinate the recruitment of program participants.
- Organize and coordinate marketing the programs, which includes, but is not limited to, the
- Summer Camp brochure, After School brochures, advertisement opportunities, and brochures and web page information.
- Work with the Business Office to develop and manage budgets for the program and ensure correct billing to families for use of the auxiliary program.
- Oversee registration and processing of all forms and confirmation for the programs.
- Respond in a timely fashion to all inquiries regarding the programs.
- Oversee the school Athletics Programs with volunteer parent support, act as the school’s representative with local teams and sports divisions.
- Manage the PKS Tutoring Program, recruit teachers, schedule students with appropriate tutors.
- Manage the internal website’s Auxiliary and Athletics Program pages, update with session details and calendar.
- Coordinate with enrichment providers each session; create schedule, rosters, etc,
- Maintain operations for the elementary program, attendance tablets, and snacks as needed.
- Calculate billable hours for each student each month, maintain updated attendance lists.<img src="//:0" alt="page1image600008576" height="0.720000" width="116.400000">
- Direct school closing at 6:00p.m., coordinate with any late parents and watch children.
- Run student camps over Mid-Winter break and Spring break as necessary run field trips and curriculum activities.
- Direct all Summer Camp operations, must be available to work during the summer when summer camp is in session.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with focus on education.
- K-8 or upper elementary teaching and administrative experience desirable.
- Contagious enthusiasm and charisma, a passion for customer service and the ability to engage and inspire students, parents and colleagues.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience and facility managing websites and social media resources.
- Risk-taker with a creative and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Outstanding multitasking skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work independently, as a member of a team, and as a leader of multi-functional and diverse teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Chinese language and culture is not required, but would be an asset.
- Must be able to pass a Livescan background check permitting employment in a school / child care facility.
Salary is competitive and will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
Knowledge of Chinese language and culture is not required, but would be an asset.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Mark the email subject as “PKS Auxiliary Program Director”