The Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) is the nation’s largest and most influential military association with a robust membership of current, former, and retired military officers and their families. MOAA is dedicated to preserving the earned benefits of all members of the uniformed services and their families and survivors, and to maintaining a strong national defense. Our promise to our members is simple. In fact, it’s the same promise they made to their country: Never Stop Serving.
The Development Program Manager plays a critical role in developing and implementing the programs and strategic goals of MOAA’s two 501(C)(3) charities. The Development Program Manager is responsible for the planning, management, and execution of programs offered by our charities, as well as fundraising for all eligible projects, both within the organization and among our affiliate/partner organizations. The Development Program Manager is responsible for soliciting and stewarding present program donors, cultivating new prospects, and managing all program grants. Additionally, this role will manage all program assessment processes to ensure objectives are met and will assist in new program development as needed. The position reports to the Vice President of Development.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
1. Donor research and cultivation: Conduct prospect research and build a repository of potential funders for eligible programs and sponsorship opportunities.
2. Identify important trends and new opportunities for fundraising success, including emerging technological advances in the industry.
3. Manage fundraising and donor recognition events and grant programs within MOAA’s charities and work with MOAA stakeholders to execute solicitation and stewardship plans for event donors and sponsors.
4. Maintain oversight of program analysis and tracking processes and procedures.
Skills, Attributes, Knowledge Required:
1. Highly organized, detail-oriented team player with unquestionable integrity and a solid work ethic. He/she must work well independently and meet deadlines.
2. Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to listen effectively, write clearly, and speak to groups. Must be comfortable serving as a spokesperson and representing MOAA’s charities before a range of stakeholder audiences.
3. Staff and volunteer management experience.
4. Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects.
5. Ability to think strategically, work collaboratively, and take initiative when needed.
6. A sincere appreciation for the uniformed services and a strong desire to support the military community.
Professional Qualifications and Education Requirements:
1. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college.
2. Three to five years of fundraising or related experience, including at least two years of direct experience raising gifts and securing event sponsorships.
3. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
4. Proficiency with fundraising database/software preferred.
5. Prior military experience preferred.
6. Comprehensive campaign experience preferred.
The Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) is the nation’s largest and most influential military association with a robust membership of current, former, and retired military officers and their families. MOAA is dedicated to…
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K