Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), an internationally recognized presenter of contemporary performing arts and cinema, seeks friendly, polite and enthusiastic people to work part-time as Theater Ushers for mainstage performances for our upcoming season (September through June).
- To assist theater patrons by handing out programs, tearing tickets, pointing out available seats, answering questions, pointing out the nearest exit, etc.
- To ensure the safety of the audience during events.
- No experience necessary
- Ability to provide friendly and polite customer service
- MUST be able to work evenings and weekends
- Requires ability to climb stairs and stand throughout performances
- Requires ability to lift boxes
- Works well with others and is a team player
- Any applicants under age 18 must obtain their Student General Employment Certificate (AT-19) and appropriate paperwork from their school indicating that they may work later than 10pm.
Application Instructions: must complete an online application - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.
Interview day will be at BAM during the last two weeks of September. Your application will be reviewed and if we are interested in pursuing your candidacy, you will receive an invitation via email with more details regarding Interview Day. Candidates who have not directly received an invitation will not be interviewed.
Pay Rate: $59 per shift (not eligible for benefits). Shifts are around 4 hours each, depending on the performance.
Check us out on Twitter/Instagram: #SceneAtBAM
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Must complete an online application - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please