832 Folsom Street
Youth Law Center seeks a Finance Administrator/Accountant to join a dynamic nonprofit team that advocates to transform foster care and juvenile justice systems across the nation, so every child and youth can thrive. Ideal candidates are customer service and results focused, organized, savvy with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and Google Suite, creative, self-motivated, detail oriented and committed to social justice. This position offers some flexibility including options for telecommuting part of the time.
About Youth Law Center
To learn more about our work visit our website: www.ylc.org.
The Youth Law Center, founded in 1978, advocates to transform foster care and juvenile justice systems across the nation, through 7 strategies: 1) technical assistance, 2) leadership and public education, 3) legislation and policy reform, 4) litigation, 5) media advocacy, 6) training and 7) the Quality Parenting Initiative. YLC is based in San Francisco and currently works in ten states. The successful candidate will embody our organization’s values:
- Knowledge of the law, research and the facts on the ground;
- Integrity to do what is best for our clients regardless of financial or social consequences to ourselves and to deserve the trust of our supporters and clients;
- Commitment to pursue solutions urgently and relentlessly; and
- Respect for the individuality of children and families and their potential to thrive and for the efforts of those who strive to serve them.
Youth Law Center has a strong commitment to building a diverse team. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Administer finances by performing all bookkeeping including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, internal audits and bank reconciliations
- Maintain up to date and accurate files for all financial records (A/P, general business documents, grants and contracts)
- Prepare budget for Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Work with management team to help achieve annual fund development, grant and contract goals
- Ensure YLC compliance with all federal and state tax, finance and labor requirements
- Assist Operations Director with human resource functions including new hire orientation, administering benefits program and maintaining all confidential human resources files
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience (prior success in a similar role at a nonprofit preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Understanding of GAAP and accounting procedures and policies
- Knowledge of federal and state tax, finance and labor requirements
- Patience and diplomacy, with a problem-solving and customer service–oriented approach to working with a broad range of funders, vendors, staff and consultants.
- Strong attention to detail, strong analytical skills and ability to crunch large amount of data
- Excellent judgement, with an impeccable ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with a diverse team of staff and consultants located across the US
- Commitment to advocating on behalf of children and youth
- Human resources experience desired
Excellent benefits including health plan
- Apply online by sending cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications that do not contain both cover letter and resume will not be considered.
- This position is open until filled.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Excellent benefits including health plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent and literate in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply online by sending a cover letter and resume to Selina Weiss, email@example.com. Applications that do not contain both cover letter and resume will not be considered. This position is open until filled.