FRWC Seeking New Executive Director
Posted: November 1, 2021
The Flint River Watershed Coalition (FRWC) is seeking a new Executive Director. According to our mission: The Flint River Watershed Coalition partners to protect, improve, and promote the proper use of the Flint River and its watershed. We are looking for someone who is passionate about that mission.
The new Executive Director will (be):
- Provide overall supervision of the FRWC staff including conducting annual reviews, day-to-day delegation and management of tasks and projects intended to advance the organization's mission and goals. Responsible for the management of the organization's master budget. Engage with staff towards professional development designed to provide individual and organizational growth.
- Responsible, in partnership with the staff and the Board of Directors, for the development and maintenance of a fundraising plan to build capacity and sustainability for the organization. Oversee efforts to build a major donor base, membership, and small foundation base. Manage foundation grant writing. Oversee regular public communication & outreach strategies.
- Lead organizational advocacy efforts by collaboratively working with the Board of Directors, donors, and community partners. This includes seeking successful ways to participate in discussions of any major issue impacting the Flint River Watershed. Oversee staff hired to assist in advocacy efforts and Initiate contact to develop relationships with pertinent agency staff.
- Establish, build, and maintain strategic partnerships which includes FRWC chapter groups, community businesses, community organizations, and local units of government who share the Flint River Watershed Coalition's mission and goals.
- Represent the organization with the media and develop communications designed to promote education, scientific projects, and community involvement.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, design and implement strategic plans for the FRWC which guide the staff in their day-to-day tasks and projects. Design board agendas around new strategic plans and conduct annual assessment of progress toward strategic plan goals.
Qualifications & Compensation
- Proven experience managing a team of staff members in a non-profit organization.
- Deep knowledge and passion around the Flint River Watershed.
- Knowledge of non-profit organization structures related to the management of budget and reporting directly to a Board of Directors and demonstrated ability to seek out and obtain grants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including proven experience building and maintaining meaningful organizational relationships.
- Passionate visionary, comfortable in the public eye, with a demonstrated ability to lead and team build.
Salary range: $50-$55/annual + benefits. Rapid growth potential for the right candidate.
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé to: email@example.com.
Application closes 11/30/21.