Do you have experience working with youth and a passion to serve students? Schools in Oakland Unified School District are looking for strong Teachers for the 2018-19 school year!
Click the link below and search for "Teacher" to apply or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply here: https://ousd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Why teach in OUSD?
- Oakland is a dynamic hub of innovation, art, technology, and thriving business. Oakland is deeply rooted in a history of community-based organizing and rich in cultural, racial, socioeconomic, linguistic diversity and inclusivity.
- OUSD reflects the best of innovation and diversity in our dynamic and growing city, leading equity-centered work in public education nationwide.
- We are making great strides in social-emotional learning, closing the technology gap, and increasing personalized education in our classrooms.
OUSD is looking for teachers who:
- Believe that all students can learn and are dedicated to an asset-based approach to the educational success of urban students
- Plan and prepare rigorous, standards-aligned lessons with meaningful and equitable instruction
- Build a supportive and challenging learning environment for students that promotes respect and a culture of learning, with behavioral expectations and routines that maximize learning time
- Reflect and revise their practice to improve student outcomes
Salary and Benefits:
- OUSD offers a competitive salary, $46,570 to 83,745, based on years of experience and education.
- Benefits include full medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees *and* their families, plus life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and a retirement plan through the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS).
- Across Bay Area public school districts, employees pay an average of 42% ($9,000) for family coverage on the least expensive plan. In OUSD, employees can pay much less: just 1.3% for family coverage, or less than $400 annually. (Note that exact amounts depend on which plan is selected.)
- Learn more about benefits offered through our Benefits Department.
Minimum Education Required