Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
The Fresh Air Fund has provided free summer experiences to more than 1.8 million New York City children from low-income communities since 1877. Each summer, thousands of children visit volunteer host families in rural and suburban communities along the East Coast and Southern Canada or attend five Fresh Air camps on more than 2,000 acres in Fishkill, New York. Young people also participate in year-round leadership and educational programs. The Fresh Air Fund is an independent not-for-profit agency.
The Fresh Air Fund is currently recruiting for a Communications Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Coordinator will:
- Manage The Fresh Air Fund’s social media assets, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Manage the collection and cataloging of all content including photos, video and interviews with Fresh Air children, Fresh Air parents, host families, volunteers and alumni
- Assist with recruiting, training, and supervising a team of up to eight interns
- Assist with the development of Fresh Air Fund digital and print communications including the annual report, New York Times public service supplements, and marketing and recruitment materials
- Coordinate photo shoots, and work to secure pro-bono photography
- Proactively pitch stories to media outlets; and write and distribute press releases and feature stories to media outlets
- Support and coordinate the public relations efforts of close to 300 volunteer leaders along the East Coast and Southern Canada
- Implement website updates
- Coordinate regional PSA campaigns
- Use Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide analysis and key metrics on marketing and public relations efforts
- Provide database management and administrative support
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of relevant work experience (Internship experience will be considered)
- Organized, detail oriented, efficient, and enthusiastic
- Experience with social media platforms, trends and analytics
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Comfortable and productive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, to take initiative and follow direction, to problem solve, prioritize, and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- A commitment for The Fresh Air Fund’s mission
- Experience with photography, graphic design, and word press is a plus
- Experience in a youth development setting a plus
The Fresh Air Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in its work and on its staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.
Generous benefits package including health, vacation and retirement.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required