The National Network for Safe Communities (NNSC) at John Jay College seeks a full-time Finance Assistant to support the organization's daily financial and administrative operations and provide support to the organization's Finance department. Ideal candidates must have the ability to work under pressure while efficiently handling a wide variety of activities and tasks.
The NNSC works with communities to reduce violence, minimize arrest and incarceration, and increase trust between law enforcement and the public.
- Assemble, calculate, and process reimbursements.
- Organize and file confidential financial documents.
- Research purchase and travel history in order to effectively maintain financial accuracy.
- Create, process, and track purchase orders.
- Manage general business correspondence by responding to inquiries and taking messages.
- Assist in the production of reports, correspondence, memos, etc.
- Conduct data entry into the organization's project and financial management system.
This is an entry-level position ideal for an entrepreneurial, highly-motivated individual with strong attention to detail; and an ability to independently prioritize and simultaneously handle multiple tasks. Additional requirements include:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including confidence, tact, and nuance, critical for correspondence with senior political and law enforcement personnel.
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to interact with other office staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- An ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Prior experience with budgeting or bookkeeping in any forms a plus.
- Insurance: Health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Time Off: 16 paid holidays, 15 days of annual leave, 4 personal days, 20 sick days.
- Retirement: 8% employer contribution after 1 year of employment; employees are vested in the employer contribution required but employees can make contributions immediately.
- CUNY Tuition Reimbursement: Reimbursement of credits for courses taken at any CUNY institution.
- Summer Fridays from July 4th through the end of August.
- Voluntary one-day-a-week remote work option.
- $1,000 per year available to support independent pursuit of professional development opportunities.
- Free New York Times and Wall Street Journal subscriptions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Visit https://nnscommunities.org/join-the-network/careers/apply. Cover letter and resume required.
The Research Foundation of City University of New York (RFCUNY) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/E-Verify Employer.