The primary responsibility of the receptionist is to ensure that the front desk runs efficiently throughout the day. The receptionist must maintain a professional and organized environment, as the front desk serves as the central point of contact for NACHC’s members, guests, and staff.
She/he is responsible for the efficient, prompt handling of incoming phone calls, mail, and deliveries. The receptionist interacts professionally and cooperatively with NACHC members, staff, and individuals outside the Association.
- Answers all incoming phone calls from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm and responsible for maintaining phone coverage throughout the day.
- Oversee NACHC’s master online calendar to ensure scheduling from all divisions is recorded.
- Oversees the mobile check-in app and ensures the maximum capacity guidelines do not exceed the Montgomery County guidelines.
- Greet visitors and monitors the reception area to ensure the security of the office and report suspicious activity.
- Process incoming, outgoing, priority mail, faxes, and prepare incoming checks for deposit.
- Understands NACHC’s organizational chart to efficiently triage calls and email queries appropriately, including regular contact with VA Office Manager and Associate Corporate Executive Manager.
- Oversee shared staff address list updates.
- Serves as a point of contact for the property management service-related work order submissions and office emergencies.
- Assist staff with conference room/bridge and Executive Conference Room scheduling.
- Coordinates Bethesda office senior leadership luncheons & assists with travel and lodging needs.
- Maintain NACHC's internal community board and OS SharePoint page.
- Recognize staff birthdays and milestone employment anniversaries.
- Assist finance with invoices and meeting confirmations.
- Serve as a backup administrator to process staff mobile phone orders and set-up.
- Oversee the daily tidiness of the kitchens and the executive and large conference rooms.
- Backup to OS/HR Assistant with mail processing, distributing packages, and general office upkeep.
- Serve as emergency fire warden contact.
REQUIRED EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 3-5 years receptionist experience, Associate’s degree preferred.
- Team player with solid work ethic and must be prompt and maintain a consistent work attendance.
- Ability to be resourceful, resilient, and proactive when issues arise.
- Multi-line telephone experience required. Experience with operating a Digium phone system, a plus.
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Must have a professional appearance, demeanor, and telephone voice.
- Must display exceptional attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.