7 Pennsylvania Plaza
About The National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF)
NHF is dedicated to finding better treatments and cures for inheritable bleeding disorders and to preventing the complications of these disorders through education, advocacy and research. Established in 1948, we are based in New York City with chapters throughout the country. NHF’s programs and initiatives are made possible through the generosity of individuals, corporations and foundations as well as through a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
About the Role
NHF is looking for an Education Program Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Manger of Education, the Education Program Coordinator will be primarily responsible to coordinate and manage components of NHF’s educational initiatives, specifically inhibitor and rare factor deficiency programs. Additionally, the Coordinator will contribute to the planning of these programs (such as conferences) for families living with bleeding disorders.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Manage registration process for each program, including:
- Review and edit registration forms and processes
- Confirmation of conference participants via phone and email, promptly responding to all questions
- Tracking registration uptake and develop topline reports
- Liaison to Conference and Travel Services department to ensure logistics preparations reflect program needs, registration processes are followed, participant travel preferences and special requests
- Manage the development of certain components of these programs, including:
- On-site mobile app for educational conferences
- Take the lead in one or more tracks at rare bleeding disorders conferences and Inhibitor Summits.
- Liaise with vendors as appropriate to execute these program components
- Collaborate in developing all consumer-facing promotional materials (includes print, web and electronic promotion) and materials for conference attendees (including but not limited to agendas, instructional materials, etc.)
- Collaborate in developing standalone educational materials and assist in healthcare provider working group review
- Liaise with faculty, as needed, to extend invitations, track responses, and manage the review of session descriptions
- Provide onsite support at each conference, including registration, session management, logistics and trouble-shooting as needed
- Collect, enter and analyze evaluation data in a way that is meaningful for various audiences; create charts and reports using Excel and PowerPoint
- Process, submit and track program reimbursements, invoices and speaker expenses and fees across multiple programs
- Attend consumer workshops at chapter events across the country, with NHF speakers, as needed.
- Perform various administrative duties in a timely matter to ensure progress of program timelines
What You Bring:
To qualify for this unique opportunity, our ideal candidate should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Bachelor degree required
- Three years relevant experience.
- Exemplary customer service skills and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Public speaking experience
- Self-starter that shows initiative in progressing delegated tasks
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office and computer skills required
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Mobile App management experience a plus
- Experience working for a health-related organization a plus
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Ability to travel to conferences and events (at least 10 times per year). Travel is nationwide and frequently over multiple days and weekends.
The programs and initiatives of the National Hemophilia Foundation are staffed by talented individuals who have the passion, drive and skills necessary to fulfill our mission. NHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer, appreciates and values individual differences and welcomes diversity in its broadest definition. We are committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect.
In order to attract and retain a high performance workforce, we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment. In addition to a competitive salary, NHF provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. We also offer generous time-off policies and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language skills a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested this opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.