Bilingual Office Administrative Assistant – Mandarin
- Job posted by Lang Lang International Music Foundation
215 West 40th Street
The Lang Lang International Music Foundation™ (LLIMF) believes that all children should have access to music education, regardless of their background. We strive to educate, inspire, and motivate the next generation of music lovers and performers.
We are currently seeking a full time Bilingual Administrative Assistant who has excellent verbal and written skills in both English and Mandarin.
The administrative assistant plays a significant role in achieving the goals of the LLIMF. Responsibilities include assisting the Chief Executive Officer in development and fundraising activities, communicating with vendors and donors in the U.S. and China, maintaining office supplies, translating our website in Mandarin, and arranging meetings.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated, detail oriented, multi-tasker with a can-do attitude and the ability to work with a small team.
We are an inclusive, diverse group looking for an energetic individual to join our team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer in foundation development and fundraising activities
- Business correspondence with vendors and donors in the U.S. and China
- Maintain records of receipts, invoices, and donations
- Coordinate board meetings. This includes correspondence with board members and assistants, and preparing materials
- Order office supplies
- Translating documents
- Assist managers to support programs as needed
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin, excellent verbal and written skills in both languages is a MUST.
- Experienced in office operations/management/development
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint)
- Detail oriented, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Able to work well in a team environment
- One week of paid vacation time first year, 2 weeks for the second year
- Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Excellent benefit and health insurance package
- Intimate, fun office with open minded management
- Inclusive, diverse work environment
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Mandarin, excellent verbal and written skills in both languages is a MUST.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your résumé along with a cover letter outlining your interest in this specific position: firstname.lastname@example.org with your “First and last name - Bilingual Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Please include your salary history and how you learned of this position in your cover letter.