ABOUT THE ROLE:
Urban Arts Partnership is hiring a Director of Marketing and Communications (DMC) - a new position. The Director will bring strategic marketing and communications skills in order to strengthen our brand and grow our constituency of donors, partners and students. The DMC will work collaboratively with colleagues to craft, shape, and deliver compelling stories and campaigns and serve as a custodian of UAPs brand - including look and feel. The DMC will be adept at staying ahead of current marketing trends and will be catalytic in taking UAP to the next level. Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the Director of Philanthropy, Chief Program Officer, and members of the Board of Directors, this position is a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
1. Develop a brand building and communications strategy to power the strategic plan including: a comprehensive playbook for brand building resulting in a growth of awareness and revenue. This includes:
- Develop marketing and branding opportunities to elevate our donors philanthropic work (Ex; Corporations and Individuals)
- Develop multi-platform marketing plans for our annual gala
- Work with the Board to launch the Storytelling Committee to elevate our students’ voices.
- Collaborate on a plan to use corporate partner platforms to launch UAP into new markets
2. Oversee the creation of long term and short term branding and communications assets including:
- Maintaining and overseeing branding, logo, graphic images and enforce style guide and marketing plans
- A new website that tells the UAP story and the impact of our work; assume responsibility for increasing website traffic via SEO and lead generation
- A bank of moving impact student stories and student artwork in various media formats.
- Press kits, annual reports, donor newsletters, etc. that tell the UAP story
- Grow and manage social media channels by making meaningful improvements in quantity and quality of audience engagement. Develop social media campaigns to promote UAP’s story
- Promotional material to support UAP events (e.g. annual Color Ball gala, Golf Outing, etc.)
3. Manage and support the CEO and key leaders to become catalytic ambassadors for the organization through:
- A schedule of key events, panels, platforms that feature the CEO and/or Key Leaders
- Media impressions that feature quotes from the CEO and Board Chair
- A strategic plan for story, feature and editorial publication opportunities
- Assume responsibility for UAP’s public relation needs; pitch stories to editors and news outlets involving UAP
- A collaborative, inclusive and focused leader
- At least 5 years experience in marketing/communications
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in planning marketing strategies, media campaigns, and successful public relations efforts
- Strong business acumen including strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an organization within the cultural sector is preferred
- Likes a fast paced, low bureaucracy environment
- Ability to create design assets a plus (graphics, videos, etc…)
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, as well as your resume to email@example.com with “Director of Marketing & Communications” in the subject line.
UAP is an equal opportunity employer.