Details: Based on experience $15-$18/ hour
2285 S. Federal Blvd Denver, CO 80219
College Track is a national college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From the summer before 9th grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the barriers that prevent students from earning their college degree by providing them with comprehensive academic support, leadership training, financial and college advising, and scholarships. We teach them the skills necessary to succeed in college and beyond. In four years, a College Track student receives support equivalent to one extra year of high school.
Position: College Track Academic Success Coach
The team of College Track Student Success Coaches is responsible for ensuring that all College Track students maximize their potential. To do this, students must receive support aligned to their individual needs, and Coaches will be the primary direct service providers of these needs in the Academic Affairs department.
• The goal of the Academic Affairs (AA) program is to give students the academic support necessary to graduate from high school college-ready and college-eligible. For most students, this means a GPA of 3.0 or higher and a SAT math score of 530 or higher. Academic Affairs Coaches will support and monitor a caseload of students toward outcomes. Coaches will have one or more of the following responsibilities: tutor students in 9th-12th grade STEM based subjects, assist students with online credit recovery, teach SAT workshops, lead academic workshops, and provide targeted support for intervention students. All coaches will provide academic advising, connect with students and families, input, monitor and analyze student data against organizational goals, and complete other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, or currently working toward degree
• Passion for and commitment to college access and success
• Experience working with a diverse population of students in a relevant program area (e.g. tutoring or teaching, college advising, or youth development)
• Outstanding problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative mindset
• Ability to quickly build rapport with students and keep them motivated and productive
• High level of self-awareness, humility, and cultural competence
• Available 1:30 – 7:00 Monday - Friday
Minimum Education Required