Do you believe in the power of transformative relationships for girls? Are you ready to impact the Greater Boston community one girl at a time? If you answered yes, and the idea of being part of a collaborative, performance-driven, focused team excites you then join us! At Big Sister Association of Greater Boston, we have been helping girls reach their full potential through positive mentoring relationships with women since 1951. We are the largest mentoring organization in Greater Boston exclusively serving girls and an award-winning affiliate of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
The Coordinator of Workplace Mentoring (WPM) leads core site-based mentoring programing with our workplace partners. Workplace Mentoring pairs employees at a company with Little Sisters from a local school. Little Sisters meet with their Big Sisters at the company's office, providing a meaningful mentoring experience, and valuable career awareness. In addition to interviewing potential Bigs and Littles and, supporting matches between them, the Coordinator of WPM will collaborate with other staff to provide excellent programming and customer service to program partners and facilitate group activities and deliver curriculum.
Strong candidates can connect with and support adults and children from diverse backgrounds, are constantly curious about understanding the needs of others, are passionate about running programs and working with groups of youth and are excited about managing relationships with community partners.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well- established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
· Conduct assessments of and make matches between potential volunteer mentors (Big Sisters) and mentees (Little Sisters) according to agency standards and goals
· Support a caseload of approximately 60 Site-Based matches (Big and Little Sister mentor/mentee pairings)
· Conduct regular phone and email check-ins with Big Sisters, Little Sisters, and families, in order to:
o Provide on-going risk management and support to keep the match strong;
o Provide comprehensive documentation related to strength of match relationship and support needs for each match participant
o Share information about community resources, agency activities, and programs
· Conduct match surveys and annual outcome evaluations with Big and Little Sisters
· Administer all aspects of match support including updating the agency database with relevant case information
· Collaborate with Assistant Manager of Workplace Mentoring to develop and implement Workplace Mentoring programming, ensuring quality standards
· Produce weekly on-site program at corporate and campus sites; facilitate curriculum to promote girls’ development for audiences including girls ages 7-to-20, volunteers, parents/guardians and agency staff
· Collaborate with colleagues to develop and sustain new and existing relationships with prospective partners
· Develop and facilitate trainings for new mentors
· Develop and facilitate workplace mentoring curriculum
· Collaborate with other departments to develop partnership relationships
· Supervise interns
· Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of experience in direct service, youth development, social work, or a related area
· Excellent project management and organizational skills with ability to consistently meet deadlines
· Sensitivity to and experience in working with culturally diverse populations and with girls and women and with the ability to build strong, healthy and productive relationships
· Ability to effectively facilitate programming for adolescent girls
· Passion and a proven track record of success in developing and managing productive partner relationships
· Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
· Enthusiastic about learning with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
· Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with data management systems (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database platform)
Please note that all positions are remote until September 2021, when we plan to resume working in our physical office.
Reports to: Assistant Manager of Workplace Mentoring
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English; candidates who also have proficiency or fluency in other languages, especially Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply
Start date: July 1, 2021
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
Compensation: $40,000 - $42,000. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Coordinator of Workplace Mentoring to: email@example.com . Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Do you believe in the power of transformative relationships for girls? Are you ready to impact the Greater Boston community one girl at a time? If you answered yes, and the idea of being part of a collaborative, performance-driven, focused team…