District of Columbia
Environmental organization seeks data associate to help build long-term advocacy capacity by executing data-intensive programs and creating and leveraging analytical insights. It’s a chance to learn, grow and do good work on important issues with key organizations and work in an environment that blends the best parts of campaigns and advocacy atmospheres.
This position supports the industry-leading phones program and looks to constantly improve it. The work encompasses a wide range of responsibilities and professional opportunities. From targeting on Catalist tools and data, to analyzing programs and reports, to managing projects and relationships with allied organization data staffers. A successful candidate will have a background in data management, coalition collaboration, along with the desire for professional growth.
This position reports directly to the Director of Data & Targeting and works closely with other departments.
• Manage external relationships with data, technology, and call vendors, and serve as liaison to other organizations
• Provide data support and oversee internal relationships with multiple departments
• Direct and execute the numerous, and often concurrent, phone programs
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of identifying new programs and universes for ongoing civic engagement efforts
• Produce compelling and informative reports for both data and non-data staff on past, present, and future programs
• Assist with the development, maintenance, and enhancement of program’s internal data architecture and reporting framework
• Leverage program’s data resources and tools to improve program performance among members, action takers, and the general public
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree/equivalent experience
• At least 2 years of experience managing and manipulating voter file data (NGP VAN, Catalist, TargetSmart, et cetera) for advocacy, membership and/or political campaign organizations
• Ability to efficiently manage multiple ongoing projects under short timelines
• Strong customer service and communication skills, including translating complex data problems into concise summaries, recommendations, and plans for non-technical staff
• Collaborative approach and ability to work successfully with data and program staff internally as well as with partner organizations and external vendors
• Understanding of relational databases and ability to code in SQL
• Experience and familiarity with polling data and statistical tools such as R, STATA, Python, or another statistical programming language is a plus
• Previous experience creating data visualizations (Tableau, Periscope, QuickBase, et cetera) desired
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and 401k plan.
Application Process To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, to the following link: https://climate-campaign.quickbase.com/db/bhtewnjrr?a=nwr
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, to the following link: https://climate-campaign.quickbase.com/db/bhtewnjrr?a=nwr