1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a Human Resources Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources and Talent Operations, the Human Resources Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day administration of human resources functions for full-time staff at DREAM, including executing HR onboarding, benefits enrollment and employee record-keeping. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and desire to make a lasting impact in an underserved community, while contributing to the expansion of a dynamic organization.
Like all DREAM employees, the Human Resources Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Role and Responsibilities:
● Oversee the successful completion of internal and external background checks for all employees;
● Articulate and explain benefits and organizational policies to new full-time hires and potential candidates;
● Conduct onboarding meetings with all new hires to ensure that they are able to complete their paperwork effectively and have everything they need for a smooth start;
● Manage the day-to-day administration of all benefit plans;
● Ensure all personnel files are complete and compliant with all laws and regulations;
● Provide support to schools in their employee record-keeping and compliance efforts;
● Track paid time off and manage other employee leave;
● Collaborate with the Finance Department to successfully process payroll;
● Process and reconcile medical and other benefit bills on a monthly basis;
● Coordinate all unemployment claims;
● Respond to government and other requests concerning current and former employees;
● Assist the Director of Human Resources and Talent Operations with research and compliance matters.
● Bachelor’s degree required; an HR-related field preferred;
● At least 2 – 3 years of HR experience required, preferably in a non-profit setting;
● Strong customer-service approach;
● Organized and adept at creating/keeping systems for tracking information;
● Previous experience processing payroll strongly preferred;
● Unwavering commitment to maintaining employee confidentiality;
● Superior attention to detail and strong commitment to customer service;
● Solid oral and written communication skills;
● Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
● Deep embodiment of DREAM’s organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity and fun.
Hours are generally 9:00am - 5:00pm with some later evenings and weekends required.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required