1603 Orrington Avenue
The Cook County Health Foundation (CCHF) is a 501(c)(3) Illinois non-profit founded to advocate and raise funds for programs and services that improve quality patient care and meet the health care needs of the communities served by the Cook County Health & Hospital System (CCHHS).
Reporting to the Chairman of the Board, the Executive Director will oversee the Cook County Health Foundation’s strategic plan, programs, development, and board management. The Executive Director will manage all functions of CCHF’s $1M+ annual budget. The Executive Director’s primary functions will be to build a strong major donor base and raise the Foundation’s profile within the civic and corporate community of Cook County and Chicago.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organizational mission.
- Responsible for leading the Cook County Health Foundation in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Development andFinancial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for collaborating with the board on establishment and execution of development goals.
- Develops and implements plans for major fundraising initiatives.
- Manages the design and execution of major fundraising events throughout the year such as the Annual Gala.
· Create, manage, implement and evaluate various development strategies for individuals, corporations, and foundations to grow the development pipeline in support of the organization’s revenue goals.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with the organization’s internal and external constituent base. (i.e. patients, physicians and other healthcare/social service professionals, volunteer boards and councils, etc.) with a focus on philanthropic priorities.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support CCHF’s mission
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of the Cook County Health Foundation’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the Cook County Health Foundation can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Cook County Health Foundation’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Responsible for preparing communications including the design, writing and printing of brochures, newsletters, donor communications and annual reports.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are effective.
- Responsible for effective administration of the Cook County Health Foundation’s operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff and/or consultants.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
1. Oversees day-to-day operations of the CCHF
2. Meets development goals as set with the CCHF Board of Directors
3. Works with CCHHS in administering the raised funds to departments designated by the CCHF Board of Directors.
4. Manges and assists with the Associate Board.
5. Plans, develops and implements the growth plan for CCHF, such as grant writing and solicitation.
6. Recruits new staff as determined jointly with the CCHF Board of Directors.
7. Monthly written reports on CCHF progress to the Board Chair.
8. Manages CCHF budget.
9. Manages relationship between CCHF and CCHHS.
10. Provides implementation of overall goals and plans as decided upon by the Board.
11. Assists both Boards in identifying prospective Board Members.
12. Manages external consultant relations, inclusive of events and fund raising firms
Level of Language Proficiency
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Level Degree required
- 6-10 years of related experience
- Ability to convey a vision of the Cook County Health Foundation’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of development strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector, with a preference for experience in health system development experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff and consultants
Minimum Education Required