324 West 15th Street
Corlears School, a progressive independent elementary school located in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, is seeking a responsible, friendly, organized individual to serve as our afternoon receptionist.
The position will start at the end of August, 2018, in accordance with the start of the school year. Days and hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Additionally, there will be frequent opportunities for additional hours in the evening, usually until approximately 8:00 pm. This position, as planned, is for the duration of the 2018-19 school year.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Answering the phone and directing calls to the appropriate extension/voicemail
- Operating the front door of the school (i.e., buzzing in visitors and parents)
- Directing parents on where to pick up their child
- Directing visitors on the appropriate place for a meeting
- Occasional light office duties
Qualifications (minimum education and experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate program
- Experience with reception/customer service
- Interest in working in a school environment
- A friendly and welcoming demeanor
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a part-time position
- Health insurance is not available for this position
- Compensation is $20/hour
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
When applying for this position, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Afternoon Receptionist."