75 Chestnut Street
Director of Marketing
75 Chestnut Street, Cranford, NJ 07016
UCEDC is a private, nonprofit economic development corporation, focused solely on small business development through lending, training and government contracting services. Since our founding in 1977, we have helped thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs, many in underserved communities, to start and grow their businesses. Our efforts have directly led to the creation of thousands of jobs and the revitalization of distressed communities throughout New Jersey.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated marketing professional to boost program participation and enhance UCEDC’s image and profile among clients, partners, funders, and donors. As the voice of UCEDC, you will be responsible for establishing and conveying unified brand messaging across all of our product lines. Strong collegial relationships with UCEDC leadership and staff are key to your success as well as a robust network of external ambassadors and referral sources.
Some specific responsibilities
- Represent UCEDC at network events, conferences, educational sessions, etc. Speak confidently and persuasively about all UCEDC programs.
- Oversee all aspects of website management, including content creation, plug-in enhancements and SEO.
- Oversee all aspects of email marketing, including content creation, template design and refinement and list management.
- Develop, implement and manage social media strategy including paid digital advertising platforms.
- Nurture existing relationships with strategic partners and COI(s) and continually identify and pursue new opportunities and referral sources.
- Administer the organization’s CRM system and function as an internal consultant to the staff.
- Prepare collateral materials in-house and manage production of materials produced by outside consultants and vendors.
- Prepare digital newsletters, annual reports and other special purpose publications.
- Plan and oversee special events.
- Oversee the research and publication of economic and demographic reports.
- A proven, progressive track record of 5+ years in marketing and/or public relations/communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline.
- Superior written and verbal skills.
- Expert-level skills in Word Press, Constant Contact, major social media platforms
- Proficiency in CRM database management, basic graphic design applications, PowerPoint, and cloud-based meeting/training platforms.
- Experience in financial services or related industry a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Marketing Director (your name) in the subject line. Selected applicants will be asked to provide a portfolio of their previous work and writing samples.