The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the Maryland/DC Chapter’s leadership team! This position will play an essential role in providing overall direction and leadership for all operations functions and diversifying, engaging, and empowering staff and volunteers. This includes activities related to Fiscal Management and Sustainability, Human Resources and Recruiting, Diversity Initiatives, Administration, Facilities, Technology and Information Systems, Office Management and Safety. We are looking for a capable individual who can manage and lead a team of finance, operations, and information systems staff, managing complex and administrative tasks related to these areas. S/he will lead and champion the chapter’s efforts to become more inclusive, diverse and equitable. The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
· Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience or equivalent combination, including 2 years managing operations functions;
· Experience, coursework, or other training in principles and practices of fiscal management, human resource functions, and office facilities;
· Finance / Accounting experience; developing and administering departmental budget or equivalent, generating financial reports, and analyzing and interpreting data;
· Experience in developing, directing and managing multiple plans, projects, and complex processes and implementing strategic program goals;
· Experience with developing Diversity and Inclusion strategies that advance recruiting, hiring and retention goals for an organization.
· Superior organization, planning and problem-solving skills;
· Experience working with cross-functional teams across multiple organizational levels; and
· Inclusive leadership skills and experience managing teams with a commitment to respecting team dynamics, and a strong ability to understand and credit diverse perspectives, and synthesize multiple perspectives to achieve the best outcome
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID#46403 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST May 14th, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.