4010 Canton Road
The Garden School welcomes applications for a talented, energetic, and organized ray of sunshine to join our administrative team. This is a new position in a young, growing school, so the successful candidate will have a pioneer mindset and a willingness to take on a diverse and frequently shifting set of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Greet incoming visitors, answer phones, and attend to student and teacher requests in an organized and professional manner.
- Establish, organize, and maintain files, records and reports.
- Resolve routine and non-routine administrative problems.
- Prepare school newsletters, emails, and other documents for faculty, parents, and students.
- Provide secretarial support to administration and faculty members, such as arranging appointments, maintaining shared calendars, incoming messages, mail, and composing communications from general instructions or rough notes.
- Support student discipline.
- Participate in the management of electronic database, website, and social media.
- Coordinate arrangements for substitutes.
- Perform clerical work related to such matters as enrollment, attendance, curriculum, personnel, organization, budgeting, accidents, student assessment, special programs, time reporting, and requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Take an active role in event planning, volunteer coordination and marketing and community outreach.
The successful candidate will:
- Handle an environment with constant interruptions, while maintaining good judgment regarding priority tasks, safety issues and overall support.
- Be comfortable walking across and throughout our 15 acre campus in all weather on various errands.
- Respect confidentiality in discussing student's, customer, staff volunteers, and organization matters.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn our existing systems and processes as well as new programs/functions as they become available.
- Independently ascertain which people need immediate assistance and act accordingly.
- Be a well-organized self-starter who can work effectively in a fast paced environment and meet goals and execute strategies in a timely manner.
- Our ideal candidate will be fluent in Mandarin and will teach approximately 4 hours per week.
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience, preferably in an educational setting.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, parents, children, and community members.
- Have a general familiarity with the principles of Waldorf education and a willingness to take the initiative to learn more.
Rooted in Waldorf traditions, in a forest school setting, The Garden School is a young nature-immersive private school in Marietta GA offering children K3-7th grade a high quality education that takes place largely outside, in the woods, wetlands, and vegetable gardens (complete with chickens, goats, and miniature donkey).
The Garden School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, family structure or ability. We actively promote diversity and equality, respect, understanding, and celebration of differences.The Garden School welcomes, values, and supports racial, economic, gender, and cultural diversity. We are committed to having our school reflect the inherent and emerging diversity of our community.
Tuition remission is available.
Level of Language Proficiency
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Mandarin.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, biography, and 3 references to Hello@TheGardenMarietta.org.