Phone Organizers, Activists, Interns and Management Candidates needed--Enviro Non-Profit!
- Job posted by Clean Water Action California
Details: Entry level pay is $15 per hour, plus bonus!
350 Frank Ogawa Plaza
Clean Water Action is a 45+ year old environmental group. We originally worked to pass the Clean Water Act in the 1970's and currently we are working on many issues at the local, state, and national level including; fracking, oil and gas production, oil and gas wastewater pits, methane, bomb trains, climate change, drinking water, toxic chemicals, plastic pollution and many more.
We are looking for passionate, politically motivated folks who want to build a career, make polluters pay, and help STOP FRACKING! Our California Phone Canvassers call our members in CA, MD, DC, VA, TX, and CO about issues we are working on and get them to take action!
· The hours are part-time with a minimum of 12 hours per week, folks can work up to 40 hours per week. The pay starts at $15 per hour entry level and there are lots of opportunities to make quite a bit more depending on job title and performance.
· There are two shifts available to start a 6 hour shift 2:30-8:30 or a four hour shift 3:30-7:30.
· We need folks who are able to make at least a 3 month commitment
· We have a great team and fun working environment and are looking for folks interested in motivating members to take action on these critical issues.
· There are lots of opportunities for advancement and we promote from within!
If you are interested call us at 415-369-9178 to set up an interview!
As an office we are committed to reflecting the community we are working in and POC, LGBTIQ folks, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Job is in Oakland, Oscar Grant Plaza/ Frank H. Ogawa Plaza.
Clean Water Action is a one million+ member organization of diverse people and groups joined together to protect our environment, health, economic well-being and community quality of life. Our goals include clean, safe and affordable water; prevention of health threatening pollution; creation of environmentally safe jobs and businesses; and empowerment of people to make democracy work. Clean Water Action organizes strong grassroots groups and coalitions and campaigns to elect environmental candidates and solve environmental and community problems.
Attractive health/dental benefits package available after 90 days! Folks working full-time accrue 10 paid vacation days, 9 sick days and 7 paid holidays in the first year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must speak English fluently, bilingual folks a plus but not required!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
You can call 415-369-9178, apply online, or email me your resume.