POSITION: The Literacy Lab is seeking a dynamic, organized, full-time Program Manager to help manage the implementation of its early literacy intervention program in the Greater Richmond or Hampton Roads areas. The Program Manager is part of a team that is responsible for implementing a nationally recognized early literacy intervention program in collaboration with partner schools and districts. The Program Manager oversees tutor performance and implementation fidelity and analyzes program data to ensure that the team makes a measurable impact on the literacy skills of students. The Program Manager is responsible for building and maintaining strategic relationships with principals and other partners leading to the long-term sustainability, growth, and success of the program. This leadership position is an excellent opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, fast-moving team at a high-performing nonprofit dedicated to closing the literacy achievement gap.
ABOUT THE LITERACY LAB: The Literacy Lab is a fast-paced, Washington, DC-based non-profit organization whose mission is to provide low-income children with individualized reading instruction to improve their literacy skills, leading to greater success in school and increased opportunities in life. We partner with school districts to add capacity in high-need schools to close the literacy achievement gap for children before third grade.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The Program Manager, who is based in either the Greater Richmond or Hampton Roads area is responsible for the following:
· Helping to lead the implementation of The Literacy Lab’s early literacy intervention program in Greater Richmond and Hampton Roads and ensuring fidelity to the research-based model in collaboration with other team members.
· Building and managing relationships with principals, school district officials, supporters, and individual school and partner sites.
· Managing and supporting full and part-time staff and coaches
· Managing, supporting, and building relationships with a cohort of full-time Literacy Lab tutors, in conjunction with other team members, while creating a positive, meaningful, and motivating environment.
· Helping with the annual recruitment, hiring, and placement of a diverse team of high-performing, full-time Literacy Lab tutors, in partnership with the Recruitment Team.
· Ensuring compliance with all AmeriCorps grant requirements.
· Analyzing tutor outcomes to drive success and make programmatic improvements; working closely with Master Coaches to use data to monitor the success of tutors and students.
· Serving as an ambassador to build support for The Literacy Lab with prospective funders, schools, and community partners through site visits and events.
· Supporting virtual implementation of intervention programming and tutor training to help the program adapt to changing circumstances and continue to serve children.
· Leveraging talents to contribute positively to The Literacy Lab on the whole.
· Other duties to promote the success of the program, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: We are seeking candidates with:
· A deep commitment to closing the achievement gap.
· A track record of leadership, taking initiative, going above and beyond, and relentlessly pursuing results.
· An understanding of management best practices and experience in management or supervision.
· The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to manage projects with minimal direction, an entrepreneurial growth mindset, and a can-do attitude.
· Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail and deadlines.
· A focus on continuous improvement and open to feedback and guidance.
· The capacity to manage multiple demands and shifting priorities.
· The ability to face challenging situations calmly and competently.
· Strong professional communication skills; comfort engaging with a variety of audiences; personable and engaging.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 (or later) software, especially Word and Excel.
· Experience working in education, a related field or with high-need communities preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree (at minimum)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This position offers competitive compensation, a flexible work environment, employer-paid health and dental insurance, employer-paid short and long-term disability insurance, employer-paid life insurance coverage, a commuter benefits plan, a 403b retirement plan, and paid vacation.
This position may require out-of-town travel of approximately 5-10 nights per year for trainings, staff events, and conferences. This position requires regular visits to school sites and regular travel between Richmond, Hampton, Norfolk, and Newport News.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information via e-mail (ATTN: VA Program Manager) to email@example.com.
The Literacy Lab is an equal opportunity employer. The Literacy Lab’s policy is to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibility, physical or mental disability, medication, or status as a veteran.
POSITION: The Literacy Lab is seeking a dynamic, organized, full-time Program Manager to help manage the implementation of its early literacy intervention program in the Greater Richmond or Hampton Roads areas. The Program Manager is part…
This position offers competitive compensation, a flexible work environment, employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, employer-paid short and long-term disability insurance, employer-paid life insurance coverage, a commuter benefits plan, a 403b retirement plan, and paid vacation.
This position offers competitive compensation, a flexible work environment, employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, employer-paid short and long-term disability…