Organization Overview - Shelters to Shutters (S2S) is a national 501c3 organization that transitions individuals and families out of homelessness to economic self-sufficiency. Shelters to Shutters offers an innovative approach to assist a growing population of situationally homeless individuals in our country by leveraging existing resources within the $1.3 trillion multifamily industry.
We are an innovative catalyst for change, breaking down the traditional barriers of those at risk of or experiencing homelessness by engaging and educating an entire private industry and being at the center of an ecosystem of more than 200 organizations.
Most non-profit organizations serving those experiencing homelessness must choose which to prioritize for their clients, housing or employment. Shelters to Shutters offers both simultaneously through our network of property management partners. We believe by providing employment with a living wage, benefits and housing through our industry partners, as well as, access to career advancing training and case management, we put participants in an environment to be successful for the long term. We are empowering individuals to change the trajectory of their life and the lives of their children and a pathway to improve all aspects of an individual’s health – mental, physical, emotional and financial.
Position Overview – this position is a new role for Shelters to Shutters and is a critical one for the organization. The Executive Director (ED) will have two core areas of responsibility, fundraising and operations.
Fundraising – the Executive Director will be responsible for the planning, organizing, tracking and directing of all Shelters to Shutters’ fundraising/development activities in assigned geographic area of responsibility including, major gifts, special events, sponsorships, and City Advisory Board member donation commitments. The ED will work closely with the City Advisory Board Chairperson, as well as, the Fundraising Committee in all development and fundraising endeavors.
Specific job responsibilities include:
· Responsible for the planning, organization, fundraising and direction of the organization’s operations/programs in Charlotte.
· Oversee and report on the chapter’s results to the S2S Chief Executive Officer and City Advisory Board.
· Coordinate and lead reviews and periodic forecast updates with City Advisory Board chairperson and S2S corporate team.
· Ensure that funding relationships and campaigns are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
Operations – the Executive Director is responsible for the development and oversight of systems to effectively manage Shelters to Shutters operations in Charlotte
Specific job responsibilities include:
· Provide leadership, strategy, and vision for the overall operation in Charlotte.
· Provide the overall operational leadership of the program, including – intake, case management, event planning (ex - hiring events) and volunteer functions.
· Maintain existing non-profit and industry relationships.
· Develop new non-profit and industry partners.
· Act as liaison, as needed, between Property Management and participants to resolve low-level employee relation issues.
· Develop standards to include revising policies and procedures.
· Develop regular reports for placement analysis and assist in overall analysis towards placement success.
· Coordinate participant “success stories”.
· Evaluate candidate and employer satisfaction and quality of services provided.
· Communicate with hiring managers and Human Resource personnel and develop working relationships.
· Assess candidate's progress throughout employment.
· Promote effective and efficient utilization of organizational resources.
Qualifications / Skills:
· Demonstrated fundraising experience
· Demonstrated leadership and management skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Takes initiative
· Works independently
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to write and communicate effectively.
· Experience in creating and operating new programs and ability to interface with partners, foundations, current/potential donors and City Advisory Board members.
· Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and property management/database management.
Education and Experience -
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Management preferred
· 10 or more years of management experience in an operational environment
Organization Overview - Shelters to Shutters (S2S) is a national 501c3 organization that transitions individuals and families out of homelessness to economic self-sufficiency. Shelters to Shutters offers an innovative approach to…
Shelters to Shutters is committed to providing our employees with a competitive and valuable benefits package that enhances your quality of life. Shelters to Shutters offers medical, dental and vision coverage options.
Shelters to Shutters is committed to providing our employees with a competitive and valuable benefits package that enhances your quality of life. Shelters to Shutters offers…
Please submit a cover letter and resume.