Are you passionate about learning and serving others? Do you want to use your skills and talent to prevent vulnerable families and individuals from becoming homeless and hopeless? If so, we want to hear from you!
Currently, The Bridge Fund of New York City seeks a bright and highly motivated individual to work as Associate Program Director of our eviction prevention program located in Manhattan.
- Interviewing clients and evaluating loan requests
- Conducting individual budget counseling
- Providing information and referral
- Assessing clients for government benefits and outside services
- Accessing both public and private eviction prevention funds
- Writing monthly activity reports
- Monitoring former clients and writing status reports
- Attending, as well as conducting, both in-house and outside trainings
- Cultivating community relationships that further the interests of the agency
- Assisting with special projects, as needed
Training and supervision will be provided. However, the successful candidate should have at least two years of experience working with the public in an office setting, strong organizational and critical thinking skills, plus excellent communication skills (both verbal and writing). A bachelor’s degree is required (master’s preferred), as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
health insurance available, 12 paid holidays per year, paid vacation and partial tuition reimbursement possible after one year of service
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Forward cover letter and resume to Maria Toledo, Director, The Bridge Fund of New York City,