Terms of Employment: Full Time, At Will, Exempt
Reports to: International Director of Communications & Executive Director
Position Location: Los Angeles
Animal Equality is an international farmed animal advocacy organization that is dedicated to defending animals through public education, campaigns and investigations. Animal Equality has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, and India and has been regarded as a top charity in recognition of its efficiency in helping animals.
Reporting to the International Director of Communications, the Communications Coordinator will set goals and guide the strategy for all social media communications.
To work with the International Director of Communications to create a plan for Animal Equality’s social media in English - specifically relevant to the US - and gradually achieve superior engagement and reach throughout all social media platforms.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage, track and analyze Animal Equality’s social media pages for the United States.
- Generate online content that engages audience and leads to measurable action.
- Implement strategies and put communication vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness and continuously improve mission-building and brand storytelling.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of print and electronic materials including, but not limited to, newsletters, blog, annual reports, press releases, and Animal Equality websites.
- Coordinate webpage and social media maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time.
- Provide strategic interdepartmental support, working with all staff on media training, contact management, demonstrations, and promotional materials.
- Provides best practices to international affiliates and various departments to optimize online content for social engagement.
- Oversee tracking and analysis of all social media efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of communications experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Experience independently planning, coordinating and managing complex communication strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Proven success in growing online communities, building brand awareness, engaging audiences, and driving traffic.
- Highly effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in communications management and best practices across social media, websites and traditional media outlets.
- Creative in finding new ways to convey our message.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, volunteers, donors, and other organizations.
- Ability to self-start and work well in a team-driven environment.
- Strong working knowledge of animal rights issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle.
- Ability to professionally advocate Animal Equality’s positions.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on experience. Benefits package including health, dental and vision plans. Casual office environment, includes companion animals.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Please answer the following questions and send along with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements:
- Why do you want to work for Animal Equality?
- What will you bring to Animal Equality?
- What are your specific salary expectations?
Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.