250 Joralemon Street
Brooklyn Law School seeks a dynamic Development Associate to join its ambitious Development and Alumni Relations team. The Development Associate will collaborate with eight(8) development and alumni relations colleagues and staff members from across the Law School to support engagement and fundraising goals. This position will report to the Chief Advancement Officer.
This position will provide a broad-based view on development and alumni relations strategies and goals.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited too:
1. Provide operational and project support to the development and alumni relations team. This may include supporting the following endeavors: special event planning and execution, major gift proposal generation, stewardship reporting, prospect research, preparation of committee materials, and annual fund list generation and outreach;
2. Play a pivotal role in supporting the department’s strategic use of Colleague data base. This may include: generating regular reports from the data base, assisting in maintenance of data integrity, oversight of special projects related to the data base, and data entry as required;
3. Act as the department’s administrative manager – assist with budgeting and finances, maintain supplies, oversee departmental calendar, and perform other associate task;
4. Provide logistical support to the Chief Advancement Officer and serve as the initial point of contact for the department;
- 1-3 years experience working in a dynamic goal-oriented environment; ideally within a development/ alumni relations, public relations, or sales/marketing organization;
- Familiarity with complex databases including Colleague or similar platform;
- Excellent oral and written communication skill;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
This position requires confidentiality of Alumni and Donor information and occasionally working long or irregular hours or on weekends.
Brooklyn Law School has a competitive Total Rewards packages which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, 403(b)Pension, Flexible Spending and TransitChek. We have a generous time off policy and promote a healthy work/life balance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Advancement Associate in the subject heading. No calls please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and resumes received without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Brooklyn Law School is an equal opportunity employer and all interested individuals are encouraged to apply. All of our staff are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.