District of Columbia
Position: Corporate Engagement Coordinator
Organization: After-School All-Stars
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Washington D.C.
Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars is a national non-profit organization which provides free, daily afterschool programs to nearly 75,000 children in need on over 350 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our goals for our All Stars are the same we have for our own children: to be healthy and active, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a job that they love and to give back to their communities. We achieve this by identifying and fueling our students' individual passions, tying their interests to tailored academic support, enrichment and health and fitness programming. After-School All-Stars gives its students a safe-haven during the hours of 3pm-6pm—the time of day when youth violence, drug use and other delinquent behaviors are most likely to occur. By creating caring youth adult relationships and incorporating service learning into all that we do, we help our All-Stars gain the confidence, skills and role models they need to become leaders in their community.
A Unique Opportunity
The Corporate Engagement Coordinator will work with the Development team to create thoughtful employee engagement opportunities for current and new corporate donors. The Corporate Engagement Coordinator will work with the Development Operations Manager and the VPs of Development. This position will either report to the Vice President of Development or the Director of Development, depending on the location.
• Coordinating corporate activations and volunteer activities with chapters across ASAS’ national network
• Creating a menu of easily replicable, implementable corporate partnership and employee engagement strategies to be used by chapters and national staff
• Participate in the creation of proposals for corporate partnerships
• Create opportunities for our youth and corporate partners that serve the interests of both, keeping our mission in the foreground
• Solicit event sponsorship for our national and local events
• Ensure that ASAS leverages employee giving, customer donation programs, and co-branded opportunities with corporate partners
• Use data systems to track engagement opportunities to ensure clear communication and detailed recordkeeping
• Explore broader volunteer opportunities, including virtual volunteers, internships, loaned executives, etc.
Who should apply?
The Corporate Engagement Coordinator will exemplify ASAS’s core values: proactive, transparent, accountable, collaborative, and entrepreneurial. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and detailed-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills. Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing position demands are key. Team building and a collaborative working style are important attributes, in addition to:
• 3-5 years of nonprofit and fundraising experience
• Comfortable spokesperson for ASAS’ mission in a variety of settings with all levels of stakeholders
• Comfort with soliciting donations and monetizing programs and/or activations
• Highly customer service-oriented
• An undergraduate degree is required
The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. ASAS offers competitive benefits including, but not limited to health, dental, vision, and an employer match for our 403(b) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should be in PDF format and indicate how your experience is in direct alignment with the mission and vision of After-School All-Stars.
Please put “Corporate Engagement Coordinator” and your last name in the subject heading.
To learn more about ASAS, please visit our website: