Details: Commensurate with experience.
1616 P Street Northwest
District of Columbia
About the Position
Namati is searching for a brilliant administrative whiz who will join our team as Executive Associate (EA) in our Washington, DC office to meticulously support Namati's executive team in the fulfillment of our mission.
Supporting our CEO, Vivek Maru, COO, Indira Sarma, and DC Office operations, the EA will be knowledgeable about Namati’s operational and programmatic priorities to provide flawless administrative, logistical, and occasional research, writing and editing support, all while remaining nimble and responsive to our incredibly fast-paced environment.
Exceptionally organized, proactive, creative, and, most of all, relentless, the EA will be deft at juggling multiple responsibilities while problem-solving and troubleshooting on many fronts. In addition to being an administrative whiz, the EA must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the tact and discretion to communicate graciously with our global staff and external stakeholders. With responsibilities that range from arranging complex travel itineraries and processing expense reports to driving logistics for high-level global meetings for Namati’s board and leadership, the EA must exemplify excellence in every task, large or small. This is a challenging and exciting position at the heart of Namati’s Global Cross-cutting team, with a unique vantage point into the running of a dynamic global justice organization.
Here’s what you might have tackled in the past week:
- Thoroughly prepared Vivek for a meeting with a new potential funder; liaised with their Executive Director’s EA to lock in the timing and agenda; worked with Namati’s Director of Development to brief Vivek on the foundation’s areas of focus; ensured that all relevant Namati staff are invited to the meeting; and helped Vivek follow up on next steps after the meeting.
- Secured travel visas and mapped complex itineraries as Vivek and Indira each prepare multi-country trips with numerous overlapping components. Thought seven steps ahead to secure on the ground logistics (travel, transport, lodging) and ensured that both were provided with comprehensive logistical details for every step of their trip before they departed.
- Ensured that Vivek’s direct report check-in calls were rescheduled for the upcoming week he’s set to present at a human rights conference in Istanbul.
- Troubleshot a Google Photos backup sync error discovered on Vivek’s phone an hour before his flight to rural Sierra Leone, and ensured previous trip photos have been sent to the Comms team before erasing them on Vivek’s phone to free up space.
- Supported Indira to proactively map and prepare the quarterly leadership call schedule for the year.
- Updated Vivek’s CV after his most recent op-ed on diversifying revenue for a sustainable legal empowerment movement was published in the Guardian.
- Tracked down missing receipts from one of Vivek’s previous trips to India and submitted the relevant expenditure forms to the finance team.
About you/must-haves for the Executive Associate position
- Track record of excellence in a support role: You genuinely enjoy, and have demonstrable experience (at least one year), directly supporting senior managers/executives.
- Exceptionally organized and attentive to detail: You’re hyper-organized and detail-oriented by nature and take pleasure in letting no ball drop as you deftly juggle multiple projects. As a matter of practice, you proactively check and double check your work to ensure it’s free of errors.
- Calm and effective under pressure: In previous jobs or internships, you have excelled at a high volume of complex logistical details, switching gears, and thoughtfully prioritizing at high speeds. You thrive in fast paced environments.
- Ambitious and relentless: It’s in your nature to work tirelessly on a problem until you’ve seen through the solution that will best advance the ultimate aim of the project. You are a quick study who excels at learning to do things you’ve never done before.
- Deep sense of ownership and responsibility: You epitomize reliability, and you’ve always been recognized as the person whom others inherently trust to get the job done quickly and accurately.
- Skilled with communication: Your written and verbal communications demonstrate both clarity of thought, analysis and sensitivity to audience and context.
- Technologically savvy: You’re a technophile; when working with a new program or application you quickly become fluent.
About you/must-haves for all positions at Namati
- Collaborative and service-oriented: You greet everyone you encounter with a collaborative spirit, kindness, and empathy. You are known as a team-player who brings an “all hands on deck” mindset to all projects -- you’re happy to contribute however you can to advance Namati’s mission.
- Growth oriented: You’re always seeking to better yourself and your work, and you will push yourself to the peak of performance to help fulfill our mission. In service of that growth, you welcome and delight in feedback from supervisors, peers, and anyone else.
- Nimble, creative, problem-solving: Although careful planning and execution define your work, you are positive and graceful when unexpected challenges arise. You quickly reorient and identify the best new course of action.
Namati offers an excellent benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete our online application form. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply before April 15th.
Please note we prefer for your application materials (cover letter, CV, and writing sample) to be uploaded in one PDF.
No phone calls, please. Namati is an Equal Opportunity Employer.