265 Henry Street
Organization Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it one of the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
Job Objective: Beyond short- and long-term maintenance, the Facilities Department is deeply engaged in an extensive and multi-year capital program involving major renovations, upgrades and repairs at several facilities owned by Henry Street and NYCHA. Reporting to the Chief Officer for Facilities, the Facilities Officer plays a pivotal role in the daily operations of the Facilities Department as well as the organization’s capital program.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five (5) or more years of management experience in architectural, owners’ representative or construction firm, or comparable building management in a multi-site environment
- Excellent leadership, team-building and communications
- Highly polished project management ability
- Proficiency in Windows applications, Microsoft Word and Excel and familiarity with project management software
- Ability to plan, prioritize, multi-task and remain flexible
- DOB filing license a plus
- Serve as Manager for several projects simultaneously, related both to regular operations and capital projects
- Develop and lead cyclic maintenance and compliance program
- Interface with an automated system for managing work-orders for the organization’s sites
- Coordinate and communicate closely with staff from throughout the organization’s sites as well as with colleagues from NYC Housing Authority, DHS, and other controlling agencies
- Lead efforts associated with risk management for the Facilities Department
- Lead efforts with FDNY, DOB, DEP and Sanitation compliance to prevent or correct violations, ensure team achieves and maintains appropriate FDNY certifications, and maintain easily accessible and organized records
- Serve as an ongoing source of support for the organization’s Maintenance teams
- Assist Chief Officer of Facilities with a variety of management matters including budgeting and departmental planning
- Support selection of and coordination with consultants and contractors
- Conduct building inspections, as needed
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Minimum Education Required