Position Title: Site Manager, Blueprint Math Fellows Program
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts
Min. Experience: Experienced - Math Teachers/Math Coaches Encouraged to Apply!
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website
www.blueprintschools.org/careers to submit a resume and cover letter online.
About Blueprint Schools Network (“Blueprint”)
Blueprint’s mission is to promote educational equity and improve life outcomes for students by partnering with states, districts, and schools to plan, implement, and monitor school improvement initiatives. Blueprint was founded to bring our research-based strategies shown to be the biggest drivers of student achievement in successful, high-performing schools to life in public schools across the nation. These strategies include:
- Ensuring every student has an excellent teacher and a school leader committed to their success;
- Increasing instructional time;
- Setting clear, consistent standards for academic achievement and establishing a school-wide focus on preparing all students for college;
- Collecting assessment data frequently to monitor each student’s academic progress and tailoring instruction to meet the needs of all learners; and
- Providing daily, small group tutoring to students using highly qualified and well-trained instructors.
Our work with schools across the country has shown that positive change is possible when these five core strategies for school improvement are implemented together as a comprehensive package. Our culture is defined by talented and mission-driven people working together to accomplish great things. We value students’ first, integrity, sustainable results, diversity, collaboration and humility.
About the Blueprint Math Fellows Program
The Blueprint Math Fellows Program is a daily tutoring program designed to accelerate achievement by providing individualized, standards-based academic support as part of the school day. The Math Fellows Program has been operated as an independent academic intervention and also as an integral component of whole school turnaround initiatives.
Blueprint selects, trains, and supports a corps of Math Fellows who are led by a Site Manager. Math Fellows work full-time in schools throughout the year, leading 5-7 highly structured tutorial sessions daily in small groups of no more than four students per Fellow. This structure allows Fellows to personalize instruction, addressing each student’s needs while challenging them to access and exceed grade-level content.
Fellows coordinate closely with teachers to ensure that tutoring supports classroom instruction; they also communicate with families about students' progress, strengths, and areas for growth. Authentic relationships between Fellows and students help change students' self-perception and relationship to math. The Math Fellows Program is distinguished by its integration into the school day and its student-centered approach helping to build a culture of high expectations and fostering long-term success.
Blueprint is looking for a Site Manager in Holyoke, Massachusetts to (1) support Math Fellows through coaching and development and (2) provide solutions for daily management issues involving Fellow-Student relationships, Fellow-Fellow relationships, and Fellow-Staff relationships. As a Site Manager, you will have the opportunity to apply your experience as an Educator to promote educational equity and improve life outcomes for all students. Site Managers are supported by Blueprint’s national cohort of Site Managers and the Blueprint National Team.
Responsibilities of the Site Manager (including but not limited to):
Relationship Building & Collaboration:
- Build relationships with school leaders and staff, parents, colleagues, and students
- Facilitate integration of Fellows into school staff
- Collaborate with math teachers and other support staff in meeting the needs of students
- Share student data with school leaders and teachers
- Work with Blueprint leadership and other Site Managers to continuously improve program implementation
Developing & Managing Math Fellows:
- Collaborate with Blueprint leadership to implement summer training for Fellows
- Work with school leaders to ensure Fellows receive school-specific training
- Build team among Fellows and foster positive team culture
- Design and facilitate ongoing professional development for Fellows to support culture building, planning, instruction, data analysis, and issues of social justice as it relates to our students and community, etc.
- Weekly observations and coaching of Fellows
- Oversee professionalism to ensure Fellows meet expectations
- Fellow evaluations
- Design Common Core lesson plans aligned to grade level instruction
- Provide content support to Fellows
- Lead team to set student achievement goals and facilitate data meetings that support Fellows in monitoring progress toward goals
Essential Attributes and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Three or more years of classroom teaching experience preferred
- Background as a Math Specialist / Math Coach highly preferred
- Prior experience working with students or adolescents
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to communicate directly and frequently with diverse groups (Fellows, students, staff, parents, community) in order to build relationships and maintain a climate of respect
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient with technology (Google: Gmail/Docs/Sheets, and MS Office: PowerPoint/Word/Excel)
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Self confident, flexible and open to feedback
- Facilitator and team builder
- Highly organized and thoughtful in approach
- Analytical and consultative
- Open and collaborative
- Able to multi-task, and recognize priorities
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- The Site Manager will receive a market-driven salary based on the competitive external market segment and in recognition of the responsibilities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for the Site Manager position, please apply online at www.blueprintschools.org/careers.
It is important to note that if you are offered the Site Manager role, you would be an employee of Holyoke Public Schools.
Blueprint Schools Network and all applicable school districts are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.