CAR EER OPPORTUNITY
Bilingual Crisis Intervention Advocate
Full-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Business Location: YWCA Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112 Ability to work remotely
Department: Support Services, Advocacy Program
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Crisis Intervention & Advocacy Manager.
Reporting to the Support Services Department, Crisis Intervention & Advocacy Manager, the Bilingual Crisis Intervention Advocate:
• Provides in-person crisis intervention, safety planning,crisis counseling, community referrals to individuals impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking
• Answers 24-7 Support Line after-hours to provide crisis counseling,safety planning,community referrals and information to adults and children impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence and human trafficking
• Provides Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) response, by providing accompaniment to victims and their loved ones at the hospital
• Informs survivors and their families of their legal rights and options and supporting them in their choices throughout the reporting process.
• Effectively advocate for survivors with outside agencies and community organizations, including law enforcement and SART nurses
• Manages crisis situations, adheres to safety and department protocols and provides conflict resolution when needed.
• Maintains accurate and confidential records (hard copy and soft copy) of client services (service plans and achievements) and demographics and updates records in ETO (Efforts to Outcomes database) on a timely basis.
We are seeking a compassionate, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence to provide in-person crisis response to survivors and answer the 24-hour Support Line after business hours. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse individuals and families and ability to work with those impacted by trauma; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and remotely. Bilingual,bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are preferred but not required. Candidates must have:
• Bachelor's degree or college course work in social services field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One-year work or volunteer experience in a social justice or social services environment required.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence, sexual assault and abuse issues, trauma, gender equity and/or other forms of oppression.
Work hours M-F during business hours. Some overtime may apply. Delivery of service may include overtime to accomplish task at hand. On-call duties are required afterhours. Work includes lifting up to 30 pounds. Frequent local travel to Valley Medical, Juvenile Hall and to law enforcement agencies. Susceptible to compassion fatigue and/or vicarious trauma.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver's license 4-yrs driving experience, reliable transportation and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete 6Shr-train d California State Sexual Assault Counselor certification. (Training will be provided).
<img src="//:0" height="82" width="2">
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter with "Bilingual Cl Advocate" in subject line. First deadline for submission of resumes: March 28, 2018. Posting will continue until position is filled.
The YWCA Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We may be unable to respond to every individual submission due to a high volume of applicants. Please do not telephone. Applicants who do not follow the application procedure are immediately disqualified.
Minimum Education Required