Manage donor-related events on behalf of the development team and fundraising initiatives. Assist with the implementation and management of the Crosscut Festival.
Qualified applicants please apply here.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Donor Engagement
- Lead planning and project management of donor engagement events ranging from organization-wide fundraisers to tailored events for small donor groups.
- Identify and execute additional major donor engagement opportunities such as special events or fundraising opportunities.
- Provide day of event leadership through detailed timelines, communication to Senior Management Team, and staff/volunteer briefing.
- Develop and maintain a master calendar of all events related to development projects and work closely with the Community Engagement Manager to coordinate event activities.
- Request marketing resources and collateral in a timely and organized manner.
- Attend both MarCom and Development planning and department meetings to be engaged in both programs’ goals & objectives.
- Provide excellent customer service to event participants through clear communication, friendly demeanor and providing information for questions and feedback.
II. Crosscut Festival
- Assist Events Team with the implementation, management and execution of the Crosscut Festival, May 3 – 4, 2019.
- Plan and execute two Crosscut Festival Roadshow events between January – March, 2019
- Conceptualize and implement student outreach and engagement plan.
- Manage all Crosscut Festival volunteers including acquisition, communication, placement, support and day-of management. Establish and successfully run orientation events.
- Assist events team with execution of the festival after-party.
- Maintain the public facing festival email address and respond to email inquiries promptly and appropriately.
- Book travel and lodging for panelists when needed in conjunction with Community Engagement Manager and event budget. Maintain travel details spreadsheet and documentation.
- Work with Events team to create and organize registration materials and attendee badges.
- Attend all festival-related meetings and planning sessions.
- Must be available all day on Thursday 5/2, Friday 5/3 and Saturday 5/4. Responsible for managing all volunteers on the day-of event and assisting with setup and breakdown, along with other duties as assigned.
- Model Cascade Public Media’s mission, Core Competencies and Behaviors, and Standard Work Practices at all times
- Serve as a well-informed representative and advocate for Cascade Public Media
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field, or equivalent experience required
- Five years of experience in event coordination required
- Experience working with donor or fundraising events preferred
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word) required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on a team and/or individual projects
- Strong project management skills preferred
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, holidays as needed. Full availability during the following dates:
- 2018: October 10, October 16, November 1, November 15, December 8.
- 2019: January 24, February 28, the full week of April 29 – May 10
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Washington State drivers license
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds unassisted
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here.