Soho Rep. seeks a full-time fundraising professional to work closely with the Executive Director and Artistic Director to meet and grow contributed income goals now totaling $1.6M annually.
Soho Rep. is an award-winning off-Broadway theater that is known for producing and developing ambitious, socially relevant, cutting-edge new work by writers like César Alvarez and The Lisps, Alice Birch, Jackie Sibblies Drury, debbie tucker green, Aleshea Harris, Lucas Hnath, Branden Jacobs Jenkins, Daniel Alexander Jones, and Young Jean Lee. We strive to make our administrative office reflect the values of our onstage work and share a commitment to high standards, innovation, and collaboration. For more information about Soho Rep. please visit sohorep.org.
Over the past five years, Soho Rep.’s annual operating budget has nearly doubled and the majority of our artistic and infrastructural growth has been supported by significant gains in contributed income. As Soho Rep. enters into a three to five year strategic planning process, we are seeking a self-directed fundraising professional with a strong passion for boundary-pushing, contemporary performing art to make a meaningful difference at the organization during the next phase of the company’s evolution.
We are interested in meeting with experienced professionals who can thrive in a small office as a strategic thinker and partner to the Executive Director as well as newer fundraisers who are self-starters with the drive necessary to grow into a leadership position at the theater with appropriate mentorship and professional development opportunities. Overall, we are seeking to structure the open position including exact title, responsibilities, management opportunities, and long-term benefits and expectations in collaboration with the right candidate, and as such the exact title of the position may vary.
He/ she/ they will report directly to the Executive Director and will also work closely with the Artistic Director, Marketing Manager and a terrific Board. Exact title for this position will be finalized based upon confirmed title and responsibilities. After a period of successful employment, Soho Rep. will also authorize the right candidate to hire and supervise a support staffer.
A successful candidate will assume a mix of responsibilities related to institutional giving, strategic planning, growing major gifts and building the Board in keeping with their interest and experience level, and major responsibilities are likely to include:
· Growing Inner Circle membership program (gifts of $2,000+ annually) with an emphasis on increasing revenue and renewal rates through year-round cultivation
· Working with event producer to plan and execute annual Gala with a focus on increasing ticket, table and live auction revenue now grossing ~$315K annually.
· Planning multiple cultivation events as well as Opening Night parties each season
· Planning and executing two direct mail pieces annually as well as ongoing direct mail renewals
· Non-profit individual giving fundraising experience with increasing levels of responsibility
· Strong writer and communicator who is able to work effectively across differences
· Passion for supporting boundary-pushing, socially engaged, contemporary new plays and performance
· Ability to plan and execute complicated projects with competing deadlines from beginning to end
· Experience with fundraising and ticketing databases preferred
· Must be able to work nights and occasional weekends
Soho Rep. makes theater that strives to create radical empathy between people. We strongly believe that radical and empathetic work can only be made in an equitable and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage candidates of color to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and expected salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Development” in the subject line of your email. In your cover letter, please describe your interest and experience in fundraising and specific reasons for wanting to work at Soho Rep.