The Stimson Center, a global foreign policy think tank promoting international security, shared prosperity, and justice, seeks a full-time Senior Grants and Contracts Manager. The position is responsible for providing cradle to grave award compliance for Stimson's project-related grants and contracts portfolio. The Senior Grants and Contracts Manager reports directly to the Director of Finance and focuses on guiding program staff to ensure their understanding of all aspects of grant/contract accounting to include, but not limited to, compliance, monitoring, budget preparation, and understanding the terms and conditions of the awards. The ideal candidate is proactive, organized, detail-oriented, innovative, and a problem-solver who juggles multiple priorities with ease.
- Independently manages the development, preparation, and submissions of grant and contract proposals to include the accurate development of research and project budgets and budget justifications;
- Ensure quality assurance of project budget management activities that include budget planning/forecasting, subaward management, reporting/invoicing, and analysis;
- Serve as a subject matter expert, providing guidance on award management during implementation to ensure compliance with requirements, working directly with project management staff and other staff who charge to the programs;
- Track changes to, research, interpret, and advise on government and non-government regulations, especially Title 2 of CFR, FAR, and other donor regulations;
- Oversee the subaward process and coordinate the successful execution of all phases of the federal award;
- Monitor spending to ensure compliance with funder and organization requirements;
- Assist with the preparation of the annual organizational budget by accurately preparing program budgets and reporting carryover amounts;
- Cultivate and maintain strong collaborative and working relationships with program staff, funders, and subawardees;
- Provide technical assistance to program staff on matters related to grants/contracts management;
- Maintain an assigned portfolio of grants/contracts for a group of Stimson programs;
- Prepare the IDC proposal to obtain the NICRA; and
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- A bachelor's degree in finance and/or accounting or related field;
- Minimum of 7-9 years of grant and contract funding experience; experience with non-profits highly preferred;
- Knowledge of GAAP, particularly as it applies to accounting requirements of nonprofit organizations preferred;
- Familiarity with 2 CFR Part 200, FAR, and other grant and contract regulations;
- Meticulous organizational skills, attention to detail, and love for processes and systems;
- Customer service focus with strong interpersonal skills;
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and an ability to respond to requests promptly;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated willingness to solicit and impart feedback to improve processes;
- An innovative spirit, a way with people, a calm-under-pressure and flexible approach when things move quickly;
- Confidentiality and discretion, professionalism, and commitment to excellence;
- Advanced Excel skills and familiarity with QuickBooks and Adaptive or similar accounting/budget management systems preferred.
Submit a cover letter including salary requirements and resume.
Stimson is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.