Details: Hourly wage of $14-17 per hour
2500 North Rose Street
Provides general administrative assistance for the daily operations of Arizona Conservation Corps (AZCC) in the Flagstaff and White Mtns offices and the administrative staff of Conservation Legacy.
Arizona Conservation Corps
Arizona Conservation Corps (AZCC), a program of Conservation Legacy, operates conservation service programs across Arizona that empower individuals to positively impact their lives, their communities and the environment. AZCC’s crews are supported from operational bases in Tucson, Flagstaff, and the White Mountains and provide opportunities for young adults and recent era military veterans to complete natural resource management projects either as part of a crew or as an individual placement.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
• Assist with accounts payable process which includes coding, obtaining proper approval and ensuring payments are made on time.
• Assist with the management of petty cash, which includes obtaining proper approvals and ensuring Conservation Legacy Manual procedures are followed. Responsible for bi-monthly reconciliation and communications with Support Staff regarding petty cash reconciliations with the organization’s books.
• Responsible for the administration and training of staff and crew leaders on visa reconciliation including collecting monthly reconciliations from cardholders and verifying accuracy and completeness. Tracks lost / non- itemized receipts including payroll deductions when needed, followed by monthly communications with support staff in process of visa reconciliations.
• Assist with inventory of active and canceled credit cards.
• Assist with accurate accounting files and records.
Payroll and Human Resources:
• Assist with setting up seasonal staff, participant employees and AmeriCorps members in payroll software.
• Create payroll summaries, obtain proper approvals and process payroll documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
• Process E-Verify for seasonal staff and members.
• Assist with background checks, fingerprinting and update systems once results are received.
• Assist in maintaining accurate HR and AmeriCorps files and records throughout the employee and members’ participation in AZCC programs (Flagstaff and White Mountain offices) .
Field Operations Support:
• Process Workers Compensation claims.
• Create and maintain crew rosters for AZCC programs (Flagstaff and White Mountain offices)
• Create and update crew timesheets on crew laptops in Flagstaff office.
Grants and Agreements:
• Assist Associate Director in project agreement administration including civicore data entry, reporting, and tracking.
• Assist with providing project agreement information on payroll summaries for invoice reconciliation purposes.
• Perform a variety of other administrative duties as required to ensure efficient office operations in the Flagstaff Office.
• Participate in staff meetings and other collaborative team meetings as needed.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
• Be willing to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
To successfully perform essential functions the Administrative Assistant is required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. The Administrative Assistant may be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on an infrequent basis. He/she must be able to operate office equipment, telephone, and computer and reach with hands and arms. The ability to drive an AZCC vehicle is also required. Travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma and Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Flexible, adaptable and capable in a fluid, changing work environment.
• 2-4 years recent experience as an Administrative, Accounting Clerk or HR Assistant or previous experience with a Corps
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite ( Word, Excel, Outlook) and other technology
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize
• Self-motivated, decisive and is highly organized and prepared for working in an office setting.
• Must be able to pass Conservation Legacy Criminal History Checks
• Valid Arizona Driver’s License, insurable driving record and acceptable background check.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Celia Sanchez, AZCC Administrative Director, at email@example.com.
Review of application materials will begin as soon as they are received. Position will remain open until filled and is subject to closure without notice.
- Health benefit package that includes vision and dental
- $250 annual wellness benefit
Minimum Education Required