Assistant Director of the Early Childhood Learning Center
- Job posted by Temple Israel of the City of New York
Details: Salary commensurate with experience
112 East 75th Street
The Temple Israel Early Childhood Learning Center is currently seeking an Assistant Director. The responsibilities of the Assistant Director include, but are not limited to:
· Supports the Director of Early Childhood and Family Engagement with all aspects of the Early Childhood Center
· Advises teachers and coordinates services for children with special needs
· Create staff schedules including: specialist schedules, gym/roof use, staff meetings, home visits, and others
· Supports the director with planning weekly staff meetings and professional development for teaching staff.
· Assists in the collection of resumes and in the interview process of prospective teachers.
· Works in tandem with the Director during the admissions process. Manages the schedule of tours and play dates. Communicates with families throughout the process. Tours prospective families and sits on the Admissions committee
· Directs the summer camp program including staffing, all scheduling, enrollment and the day to day details. This program runs throughout June and July.
Level of Language Proficiency
· Strong knowledge of the child centered approach to early childhood education
· Self-identify as a life-long learner interested in continual personal growth
· Evidence of strong organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and collaboratively
· A positive attitude and a good sense of humor
· 5+ years teaching early childhood; relevant supervisory experience; Master’s Degree in ECE general and/or special education
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to Lisa Samick, Director of Early Childhood and Family Engagement at email@example.com