Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
UpStart inspires and empowers leaders to dream, build, and grow bold initiatives that enhance the vitality of Jewish life. Over the last ten years, UpStart has been a leading engine of Jewish innovation, empowering organizations to take risks, develop creative engagement strategies, and maximize the potential of their community-changing ideas.
UpStart is seeking a Board Liaison and Executive Assistant to support our executive office, board members and UpStart innovators. Reporting to the CEO, this person will be part of a dynamic and growing organization.
• Provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer including scheduling, calendar management, expense report management, invitation coordination, and travel coordination
• Organize logistics for, and communications with, the Board of Directors
• Prepare materials and support for Board and relevant committee meetings
• Manage ongoing relationships with Board members
• Coordinate meetings, including attendee management, materials preparation, room set-up, and resolution of issues
• Maintain filing systems
• Support preparation for CEO’s meetings with key stakeholders
• Assists with special projects and other general office tasks as needed
Skills and experience:
• A Bachelor's degree preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in Executive Admin roles in a Jewish, nonprofit, or entrepreneurial setting
• Proficient in Google suite
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Knowledge of the Jewish communal landscape, Jewish issues, and/or the larger field of entrepreneurship and innovation
• Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects
• Credibility and integrity
• Positive attitude, high degree of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects, and to work both within teams and independently
• High standards of excellence, including extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail
• Flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with unanticipated opportunities
• Adaptable to change, both organizational and technological
• Passionate about UpStart’s mission and the work of our innovators
• Committed to UpStart’s values of empathy, optimism, collaboration, and risk-taking
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send the following to Careers@upstartlab.org with the subject: UpStart Board Liaison and Executive Assistant. Include: Resume and a cover letter that communicates why you would be a "fit" for the position.