We’re searching for a creative communications professional to support the growth of Farms Work Wonders mission and vision, which includes organic farming, Appalachian art and culture, and working with youth. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and project management skills, experience developing strategic marketing campaigns, and a passion for youth-focused nonprofit work.
We will prioritize candidates who are interested in joining our team long-term (at least two years preferred) and who have experience in marketing, graphic and web design, photography, public relations, and communications.
KEEP READING EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE ALL QUALIFICATIONS LISTED BELOW! If you aren’t the perfect fit for one exact role, there may still be room for you on the Marketing team. Depending on your experience level with the areas we need help in, an appropriate title and pay level could be determined based on what you have to offer. Please read all of the Marketing department job listings and apply for the one you think fits your skills best, and we’ll go from there.
MARKETING MANAGER DUTIES
- Assist with the Marketing Director with managing other Marketing Team members performance, including providing training and consistent, actionable feedback to ensure that they have the appropriate knowledge and skills for the assigned tasks and are meeting their goals.
- Assist with overseeing the Junior Crew (youth) employees assigned to the department and their wellbeing, training, and development.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing to develop and execute both online and offline marketing strategies and tactics designed to further the organization's goals and generate brand awareness and engagement.
- Monitor, measure, analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and use this information to make decisions on how to adjust and improve results.
- Assist with administrative duties, such as updating the monthly marketing dashboard and creation of other reports around our departmental budget.
- Create and monitor content for clear and consistent brand messaging across various platforms.
- Stay on top of current marketing trends and strategies and make suggestions to what would further the organization's goals.
- Vendor management to include maintenance of our graphic/web design, photo/video, etc. media vendor network and sourcing for new vendors, as needed for projects.
- Press Contacts list management; keeping contacts up to date and properly tagged and cataloged
- Creation of marketing collateral, such as print advertisements/brochures/banners, graphics for the web, etc.
- Set up and execute email marketing campaigns, including A/B testing, analyzing and reporting the results, and making adjustments for the next campaign.
- Ensure all organizational/enterprise websites are fully up to date with latest information.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS FOR ROLE
- Minimum of three years experience in Marketing management role.
- Educated to degree level or have equivalent experience.
- Experience with online ad creation (Facebook, Instagram, Google Ads, etc.)
- Familiarity with social media, writing, and photography.
- Proficiency with Mac and Apple products and software.
- Ability to be creative and dynamic in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with innate attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member.
- An exceptional work ethic and sense of responsibility for the Marketing Department and organizations success.
- Must be 100% reliable, have strong communication skills, and an eagerness to problem-solve with a team.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to growing our social media followers, creating written + digital content for our organization, and developing high-quality deliverables.
- Ability to work with all departments within the organization to create valuable, engaging written and digital content.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for our mission and a keen interest in youth development work.
- Extremely organized and highly detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an energy that attracts others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and wear the many hats required of a small nonprofit staff.
- Familiarity with tools like SproutSocial, the Google suite and Google shared drives, the Adobe suite, WordPress, and MailChimp.
- A basic knowledge of photography (DSLR preferred)
- DSLR videography and professional recording experience
- Experience instructing high school aged youth
Salary is commensurate with experience. The range we anticipate is: $37,000-$42,000. In addition to salary, we offer Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, monthly stipends, and the opportunity to brainstorm and work with other marketing nerds.
Wardensville Garden Market is a nonprofit social enterprise whose mission is to expand opportunities for Appalachian youth so they grow to reach their greatest potential. We create living classrooms to provide real-life learning experiences and generate proceeds that are 100% reinvested back into the program. In 2016, Farms Work Wonders launched the Wardensville Garden Market project—an organic farm, market, and bakery that has currently created over 100 local, good-paying jobs with most held by local high school students, and we continue to grow.