Job Title: Housing Administrator
Division: Transitional/Permanent Housing
Reports To: Business Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: 32-40 hours a week depending on workload.
Spiritus Christi Prison Outreach (SCPO) is a model of intervention in the criminal justice system. Through direct service and community networking, we serve formerly incarcerated women and men that are homeless and reentering the community from jail, inpatient facilities, emergency shelters, the streets, and other situations of homelessness. This population faces many challenges: Addiction, mental illness, behavioral/compliance issues, an overburdened social services system, barriers to family reintegration, unemployment, educational barriers, transportation limitations, and the stigma of incarceration. SCPO interrupts this cycle with wraparound residential programming, beginning with prison outreach and ending with community integration.
The Housing Administrator is responsible for the administrative oversight of various supportive housing programs serving homeless individuals and families in Rochester, NY. Key responsibilities include supervision of housing services, close coordination with case management partners, budget and contracts oversight for large public contracts, housing inventory, landlords, and property managers, maintaining a close focus on successful outcomes for program participants to ensure successful program delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for contract compliance, reporting, and monitoring for multiple programs and funding streams, including financial reviews, budgets, and projections; chart audits; and managing funder relationships.
- Oversee the development and implementation of permanent supportive housing programs including rapid rehousing.
- Performs mathematical calculations to determine compliance with income, assets, and rental and subsidy payments.
- Participate as a member of the Spiritus Christi housing team by attending management meetings, developing housing plans, reviewing budgets, and establishing policies and procedures for rental subsidy programs.
- Work with funding agencies to provide required information and implementation and monitoring procedures to ensure proper data collection and reimbursement.
- Submit all data in HMIS and other relevant systems in a timely manner.
- Verify each tenant's eligibility for the particular housing program.
- Providing administrative support to SCPO business office.
- Assists with the research of regulations and development of monitoring procedures to ensure an effective compliance program.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with community partners, regulatory agencies, and contracting agencies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with HMIS
- A minimum of 1 year of professional demonstrated experience in rental housing programs for low-income, special needs households.
- Proven track record in designing effective programs including the development, implementation, and enforcement of well-designed policies and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of housing programs, including tenant-based and project-based rental assistance.
- Strong administrative skills, to support staff in maintaining proper fiscal and programmatic files, develop and review reports and invoices, and conduct other tasks to support regulatory compliance.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Excel.
- Ability to understand and adapt existing programs to policy and regulatory changes as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Requires valid NYS driver’s license and insured dependable car to use for traveling to offsite locations to conduct business supporting program activities.
- Requires the ability and commitment to respect and support inclusiveness and diversity including but not limited to individuals of different backgrounds, cultures, races, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, experiences, opinions, etc.
- Requires individual demonstration of commitment to the Spiritus Christi Prison Outreach mission and business impacts and modeling them in the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all client, employee, protected, and proprietary information.
- Employees must participate as requested in compliance audits, process improvement, and quality improvement plans.
SCPO follows CDC guidelines and strictly enforces COVID-19 regulations for homeless shelters.