SV@Home is the voice for affordable housing in the Silicon Valley. With an 11-person staff team and a 20-member Board of Directors, SV@Home drives the creation of affordable housing for a more vibrant and equitable Silicon Valley. SV@Home’s approach focuses on policy advocacy, education, and messaging to build the political will to support policies, programs, land use, and funding that will increase the supply of affordable housing for all in Santa Clara County. SV@Home’s vision is a Silicon Valley where all people have access to a safe, stable, and affordable home.
SV@Home is a membership organization, with 300 organizational and individual members who represent a wide variety of sectors and backgrounds.
A 501c3 nonprofit organization, SV@Home is currently in the process of incorporating a new 501(c)(4) organization.
SV@Home is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and organized candidate to support its administrative, membership, and events programs. The Administrative and Membership Coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the office, supporting SV@Home’s membership program, and managing logistics for SV@Home’s events and meetings. This is a full-time (40 hours/week), non-exempt position that reports to the Operations and Development Manager at SV@Home’s office in Downtown San Jose.
· Serve as the organization’s first point of contact for visitors and email and phone inquiries.
· Keep the office organized and running efficiently. Manage facilities, initiate and maintain property management and vendor relationships, keep supplies stocked, ensure office is clean and equipment is working, and troubleshoot IT issues as they arise.
· Support the Operations and Development Manager with HR, including hiring and benefits management.
· Submit invoices, mail checks, manage purchasing, and reconcile monthly credit card records.
· Support planning and preparation for Board meetings, conference calls, staff events, and off-site meetings. Attend and take minutes at Board meetings, and provide general Board support.
· Assist Executive staff with calendar management, emails, travel arrangements, and monthly expense reporting.
· Schedule, handle logistics, including securing venues and ordering food, and prepare necessary materials for meetings and events. Manage day-of logistics at meetings and events.
- Create and manage Eventbrite registration webpages and manage guest lists in Salesforce.
· Work with development team to secure sponsors for Affordable Housing Week, follow up on pledged donations, assist with sponsor communications and acknowledgments, and keep sponsorship materials and webpage up-to-date.
· Draft event announcements for newsletter and keep web calendar updated.
· Work with the Operations and Development Manager to plan and implement SV@Home’s annual membership campaign.
· Foster strong relationships with members and sponsors by providing information and assistance and providing ongoing recognition.
· Respond to membership inquiries, process and track new memberships in Salesforce database, and send monthly renewal notices and acknowledgments.
· Evaluate and update membership structure and benefits as needed.
· Keep website and membership materials up-to-date, as well as list of current members.
· Two years of relevant experience as an office manager, administrative assistant, or similar position.
· Prior experience organizing and structuring office systems, files, and procedures.
· Must be a good communicator and possess a proactive and collaborative approach to work.
· Must have the ability to work well under minimal supervision, problem-solve, and handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Prior membership and events management experience is a plus.
· Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Wordpress, and Salesforce is highly desired.
· Demonstrated commitment to affordable housing, social justice, and good public policy is a plus.
SV@Home offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation and sick time; 10 paid holidays plus a holiday office closure from December 25 through January 1; a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and employer match; a monthly phone stipend; and a parking or public transit stipend.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Friday, October 26 or until the position is filled. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative and Membership Coordinator Application” in the email subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected for an interview. Phone calls will not be entertained.
SV@Home is an equal opportunity employer to all regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, actual or perceived gender identity, age, or sexual orientation.