867 Boylston Street
Bring your organizational skills, energy, and mastery of all things administrative and logistical to Tech Goes Home in Boston. Tech Goes Home (TGH), founded in 2000, is a national award-winning initiative empowering communities to access and use digital tools to overcome barriers and advance lives. TGH is focused on tackling entrenched barriers to technology adoption and Internet access in Boston and across the US.
Tech Goes Home is hiring a Program Administrator to join the Program Team and provide support for the 4,000+ participants in TGH’s courses and the hundreds of volunteer trainers who bring digital skills and technology to families currently without access to either for their work and family. This is a new position for a small but growing team of people who are committed to expanding and constantly improving the courses and opportunities that TGH provides to the thousands of Greater Boston residents who lack basic Internet skills and the devices that would allow them to communicate with their children’s teachers, find and apply for employment, or participate online as sometimes-isolated senior citizens.
The Program Administrator will be responsible for:
- Responding to course trainers, organizing and providing materials, tracking course registrations and metrics, responding to phone calls, and maintaining strong record keeping and database systems.
- Coordinating the multiple systems that supplement the TGH digital literacy courses such as Mango Languages ESL registration, Eventbrite postings and tracking, TGH’s website, logging data to Salesforce, and facilitating the launch of new courses.
- Maintaining TGH’s high standards in on-boarding new partners, welcoming new trainers, and supporting trainers and students in navigating the steps in offering, taking, or completing a TGH course, including receiving a new digital device!
- Representing TGH by posting to social media, drafting a newsletter for trainers, responding to general inquiries, and demonstrating cultural competence in communicating with people from every socio-economic class, different races and cultures, and varied experience with technology.
- Embracing TGH’s terrific culture of getting stuff done, by enthusiastically helping with fundraising events, supporting the Co-Executive Directors, keeping the team on track, and whatever else might happen in a busy day or week.
Ideal candidates for the Program Administrator position will demonstrate the following experience and personal qualities:
- Previous experience in maintaining systems, organizing materials, tracking and meeting deadlines, and demonstrating a positive attitude throughout.
- Solid comfort in using Google Apps, Salesforce, and social media as well as quickly learning new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a customer service orientation. Spanish language fluency preferred.
- Attention to detail in tracking projects, communicating without typos, and ensuring even small items are not overlooked or rushed.
- A roll up your sleeves attitude where all work is valued and all constituents are treated with patience and respect.
- A robust sense of humor goes a long way!
Compensation and Benefits
TGH strives to offer competitive salaries and benefits, within the nonprofit field. Paid time off, generous benefits, and a commitment to work/life balance are standard. Professional development is guaranteed as you learn about the workings of a small, rapidly growing nonprofit.
Email a detailed resume and cover letter, with a link to your LinkedIn profile, if you have one, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Label your resume and cover letter with your name and “resume” or “cover letter,” and put Program Administrator in the subject line.
More About Tech Goes Home
Tech Goes Home is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit tackling the entrenched digital divide in Greater Boston and beyond. Our program consists of 15 hours of free, customized, hands-on digital resource instruction. The trainings run at schools and local organizations across the area and are taught by TGH-trained trainers including school teachers, community center staff, counselors, and family liaisons. As a result, the focus each course reflects and prioritizes the needs of the people in that community. We rely on a fantastic team of volunteers, beyond the trainers, to help with language translation, tech assistance, and general support. Upon program completion, participants can purchase a new device for $50 to ensure they continue to use the skills they have learned. More than 25,000 participants have graduated from the program at more than 250 sites across Greater Boston, and TGH has distributed more than 15,000 new computers. Check out our website and recent coverage of TGH including our Co-Executive Directors’ Letter to the Editor of the New York Times, as well as stories on Comcast Newsmakers, Boston 25 News, and Cambridge Day.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish in highly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a detailed resume and cover letter, with a link to your LinkedIn profile, if you have one, to email@example.com. Label your resume and cover letter with your name and “resume” and “cover letter,” and put "Program Administrator" in the subject line.