Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Director, Day Schools.
Reporting to the Vice President of Jewish Life, the Director, Day Schools is responsible for leading and implementing CJP’s day school strategy. The position includes both strategic and operational aspects. The Director will regularly convene the heads of day schools, surfacing and managing opportunities to advance educational excellence, increased enrollment, and collaborative measures to strengthen the ecosystem of the Jewish day schools within Greater Boston. Demonstrating a commitment to formal Jewish education, the Director will assess the most pressing issues within and across the day schools. The Director must be highly motivated to form and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
· Overall responsibility for leading and implementing CJP’s day school strategy, including regular convening of day school leaders
· Oversee CJP’s Day School budget and associated grants
· Collaborate with CJP Development colleagues on donor engagement and stewardship as needed
· Understand and be able to articulate CJP’s role in enabling schools to access public funding, and coordinate with experts as appropriate
· Regularly meet with other CJP relationship managers to ensure consistency around approach and messaging and to facilitate shared learnings
· Work with Director of Research and Evaluation to design and roll out relevant health indicator and grant reporting for day schools
· Collaborate with VP of Partnerships on design and roll out of group purchasing and shared services for day schools
· Maintain key relationships with national umbrella organizations that are important to this work, including Prizmah
· Identify needed communications, resources and other supports that would be beneficial to CJP partner organizations
· Stay abreast of key trends and issues in Jewish day school and supplementary education
· Communicate network needs and trends to CJP Services team to coordinate services in alignment with needs
· BA required: MA preferred
· 7+ years’ experience working with day schools, and or/other Jewish organizations
· Experience managing staff
· Experience leading cross-functional efforts, working in a highly matrixed and agile environment, and with process improvement.
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, strong written and verbal communicator
· Proven ability to lead change efforts
· An understanding of non- profit organizations of various types
· Strong project management skills, including consultative and diagnostic abilities
· Advanced time management and analytical skills
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
· Self-reflective, active listener, problem solver, and imaginative, out-of-the-box thinker
· Desire to learn; open to mentoring and coaching
· Team player
· Jewish knowledge, cultural and religious
· Availability for occasional early morning and evening meetings
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3448539
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and…
Please use this link to apply:
Please use this link to apply: