Empatico, an initiative of The KIND Foundation, is a free tool for educators to connect their classrooms with others around the world. Our mission is to give millions of educators and students the opportunity to tell their stories, explore their similarities and differences, and practice empathy through meaningful, virtual connections. Empatico was created to produce a more empathetic future generation with a greater understanding of the world and the people within it. Named a Fast Company 2018 World Changing Idea, we recently completed our first year of operation and have already reached more than 4,600 classrooms in 100+ countries.
About The KIND Foundation
The KIND Foundation is a philanthropic entity established by KIND Healthy Snacks. Our mission, to foster kinder and more empathetic communities, is brought to life through a variety of programming meant to celebrate and inspire positive action. In 2017, the Foundation announced its signature endeavor Empatico, a $20 million multi-year initiative. To learn more, visit: kindsnacks.com/foundation.
Overview of the Role
As an Associate Product Manager, you will join our mission to connect classrooms across the world. You will work directly with the Head of Product, developers, designers, and program teams to build and ship new features from concept to QA. You will become an expert in understanding teachers’ needs, and you will apply this feedback to inform key product decisions.
Project & Feature Release Management:
- Generate product requirements and communicate them through clear and concise user stories and functional specifications. Provide thorough, actionable specs, defining user stories and requirements and thinking through edge cases to help the engineering team deliver high quality features
- Remove roadblocks for the engineering team quickly, addressing all questions and needs for on-time delivery
- Create and maintain project plans, accounting for and tracking roles of many stakeholders, ensuring all deadlines are met, identifying risks and prioritizing issues as needed.
- Manage the timelines and dependencies of the implementation and communicate regularly with internal teams and users
- Ensure all materials are translated and product is up-to-date with every new feature launch
- Create and distribute new feature documentation to all teams and train internal users on new features, as needed
- Lead user support strategy, including implementation of new messages in all of our support channels - chat, email and sms
- Support users and help the Program and Business Development teams field questions across all support channels
- Investigate and resolve issues raised by our users
Testing and Quality Assurance:
- Create test plans and lead acceptance test sessions and report findings from test sessions
- Maintain a constant flow of ensuring quality assurance of each feature, including documenting, diagnosing, and solving any issues that arise
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1-3 years of experience in project management, UX/UI design, engineering, customer care, business analysis, or management consulting
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ferocious work ethic
- Excellent organization, time management, and tenacious follow-up skills
- Ability to dilute high-level ideas and features into ticket-level work and drive large projects towards completion
- Strong relationship management skills and end-user orientation
- Deep concern and empathy for users and internal stakeholders
- Prior experience building and improving upon digital products
- Fluency in basic technical terms, such as requirements gathering, agile methods, testing and QA
- Preferred: Experience in Ed Tech and/or startup environment
In addition, all Empatico team members will have:
- Empathy for, understanding of, and respect for the teaching profession
- Deep commitment to the values of Empatico and a passion for connecting young people across cities and countries
- Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, identify problems/opportunities, and be resourceful in taking action
- Highly collaborative approach to achieving success and a willingness to approach team members with grace, empathy, and a sense of humor
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you’re not sure whether you cover all these but feel passionate about our mission, we strongly encourage you to apply. Please send your cover letter and resume to Magda Kura - firstname.lastname@example.org - with the subject line: Associate Product Manager. All applications will be reviewed.
The KIND Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The KIND Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The KIND Foundation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Kind Foundation’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.