250 Frank H Ogawa Plaza
Are you passionate about community service? Do you want to contribute to meaningful change?
Safe Passages is recruiting Academic Intervention Specialists for our 2018-2019 AmeriCorps cohort. As a member of our ELEV8 AmeriCorps team, you will develop professional skills, gain hands-on experiences, and change the way you engage with your community — all while making a difference!
The ELEV8 Youth Program is a special project of Safe Passages, a non-profit organization committed to advocating for children, youth, and families within the County of Alameda. As part of our program, you will provide academic intervention services to a cohort of 5 underperforming students in Oakland or Union City. Throughout your service year, you will raise student achievement and provide mentorship to your cohort. We will help you excel in this position by meeting weekly to do check-ins and trainings with the other 40 AmeriCorps members in our ELEV8 program.
We are currently looking for members who are interested in part-time positions in either Oakland or Union City. While our start date is listed as 11/26, we are looking for members ASAP. If you are interested in either full-time or part-time positions from August 2019 - July 2020, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Provide academic assessments and interventions for a cohort of 5 underperforming students
- Facilitate school day and after school programming for cohort students
- Provide academic, social, and emotional support to assigned student caseload
- Provide outreach to families by participating in family engagement activities
- Organize and facilitate service-learning projects
- Other duties as assigned
Please note that we fill spots for these positions on a rolling basis.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
A special project of Safe Passages, ELEV8 Youth Program is administered by California Volunteers and sponsored by Corporation for National and Community Service.
- An Education Award of $2,960 upon completion of the program
- Monthly transportation stipends
- Eligibility for CalFresh (Food EBT card)
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in contact with you shortly.