Details: Salary Commensurate with Experience
101 West 31st Street
Administrative Coordinator, K-16 Initiatives
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator, Budget and Administration
Location: 101 West 31st Street, New York, NY and 16 Court Street Brooklyn, NY 11241
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY K-16 Initiatives encompass multiple programs with a common purpose, to increase NYC public school students’ college access and success, facilitating their transition to post-secondary education and careers. The Administrative Coordinator position provides administrative support to the staff and programs of K-16 Initiatives, working primarily with the Creative Arts Team (CAT), an arts-in-education division of CUNY. This position reports to the Executive Director of the Creative Arts Team and the Director of Finance and Administration for K-16. The Administrative Coordinator’s work location will be primarily at CAT’s office on West 31st Street in Manhattan, but will also involve approximately one day per week at the K-16 offices at 16 Court Street in Brooklyn.
The Administrative Coordinator’s job duties and responsibilities include:
Account and budget oversight
· Assist with review of account-level expenses for internal tracking and reports required by programs and funders.
· Prepare regular reports for multiple programs and accounts, with receivables and expenses.
· Monitor consistency between program budgets and actual expenditures.
· Prepare invoices to a variety of funding sources.
· Assist in collecting information required for funder site visits and reports to funders
· Maintain updated accounts receivable reports by program.
Procurement and payables
· Request proposals and quotes from vendors; submit invoices and supporting documentation to budget office for payment
· Assist with development of consultant contracts, purchase orders and orders
· Maintain inventory and records of orders and payments, by program area and account
· Manage timesheet processing, from collecting and verifying timesheets, submitting to budget office, troubleshooting any payroll issues and confirming payroll account balances
· Inform budget office of changes in employee status (hiring, pay increases, termination)
· Coordinate hiring process for new staff, including pre-employment paperwork and on-boarding appointment with the budget office
· Maintain personnel records
Liaison between CAT program staff and budget office
· Participate in development of administrative policies and documentation
· Assist staff in adhering to policies and accessing required documents
· Process and track requests for purchases of materials and services, following purchasing guidelines appropriate for the funding source
· Assist CAT’s Executive Director and the Director of Finance and Administration in maintaining complete records of grants and contracts.
· Perform operations, administrative, and other work as needed to support CAT and K-16 Initiatives.
· Participate in training and supervision of work study students in budgetary support roles.
· A bachelor degree and 5+ years’ work experience (accounting degree is not required, but must understand basic accounting concepts).
· Previous experience in the role of an administrative generalist is helpful.
· Able to work independently and collaboratively with CAT staff, K-16 Budget and Administration team, and CUNY administrative offices.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality around budget and human resources information.
· Ready to proactively solve problems and work with minimal supervision.
· Detail oriented, with strong organization skills and an ability to set and meet deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please complete the application by uploading your resume and cover letter at the below link: