Safe Horizon is the nation's largest victims' assistance organization. Safe Horizon staff provides information and referrals, assistance navigating the legal system, court orientation and advocacy with the District Attorney's Office as well as Judges, the Police Department and other organizations on behalf of the client.
Essential Job Functions:
The Case Manager will work with clients who access the Queens Criminal Court and address their immediate needs. The Case Manager responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Conducts client centered safety assessment and risk management planning;
- Provides crisis intervention, criminal justice and housing advocacy and case management services to victims of crime and abuse;
- Advocates for clients for public entitlements with systems and other agencies, where necessary, such as obtaining orders of protection, help with hospital/medical related needs; Office of Victims Services compensation, and relocation assistance;
- Provides information and referral for clients for services such as shelters, mental health treatment, public assistance and other entitlements;
- Provides emergency practical assistance for clients including transportation and food vouchers;;
- Participates in staff meetings, community meetings and relevant trainings and seminars;
- Performs data entry into a computerized record keeping system and maintains thorough and accurate case records and statistics;
- Works collaboratively with court partners, including Queens District Attorney’s Office personnel;
- Works collaboratively with other Safe Horizon programs and FJC partners to facilitate linkages for clients;
- Various other duties to be determined by supervisor.
- Coordinate and manage client flow and information;
Required skills: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Candidates should have experience working with victims of domestic violence or other crime victims preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- FT Full Time
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 – 5:00 or 9:30 to 5:30 35 hours/week
How to apply:
Please upload resume and cover letter
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required